18' Sovereign

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richard

My 1983 Sovereign 18 has served me well over the years including extensive tours of the Keys and Florida's West Coast. Now I recognize that it is time for me to accept the fact that my sailing days will be limited to looking at old photos and marked up charts. So now my question. What is the range that 1983 18 footers are going for? The boat is rigged for cruising, AM/FM, VHF, Solar, Knotmeter, Depth guage, two anchors, running and anchor lights, etc, etc. Your responses will be most appreciated. Richard

Attachments

CalebD

Jun 27, 2006
Tartan 27' 1967 Nyack, NY
That looks like a nice pocket cruiser

I found a Sovereign 23' on yachtworld.com listed at $5,500 but no 18 footers for sale out there that I could find. You could pick a price or you could pay for a valuation survey which might cost $200 give or take. A good survey might help you sell it anyway. Does the boat come with a motor, trailer, porta potty? As a pure guess I would imagine somewhere around $3K would be a realistic price. I think there is a marine equivalent to the 'blue book' valuation for cars. I am just not sure how to look it up. Sorry to hear that you are moving on from cruising. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.