16.5 Center Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

feejer

Sep 17, 2005
- - S.E., PA
Nobody????

I called the factory and could not find anyone who could tell me if the center board is a kickup or the kind you pull up and down

Jul 8, 2004
- - Pinedale, WY
C.B. 14.2

Don't know for a 16.5, but my Capri 14.2 has a centerboard that pivots up into the cockpit and toward the stern. This requires a strong pull on a line and the centerboard can be held up by clinching the line. I guess the weight of the C.B. holds it in place even when capsizing. However, hitting an obstruction under water is not recommended as rocks cause damage. Dick

feejer

Sep 17, 2005
- - S.E., PA
Thanks

Just found out from the factory its a dagger board on the 16.5. Which means it does not kickup. I'll be going with the Hunter 170 for just that reason...

L

Lynn Bluett

Catalina 16.6 Centerboard

My 1998 Catalina Capri 16.5 has a kick up center board. It has a bungee cord that goes from the top of the centerboard to the transom. If you hit something it lets the centerboard pivot up over the object and then the bungee pulls it back down.

feejer

Sep 17, 2005
- - S.E., PA
Thanks Lynn

Thanks Lynn for the info. I don't know where the factory is getting their info. So far I'm not to impressed with their customer service. I would call a local dealer but Catalina tells me my "local" dealer is in Florida??? I'm in PA. I'm sure their must be a dealer around here

Jun 3, 2004
Hunter 260 Bahia Kino
16.5 CB but check the rudder!

Our 16.5 is a kick up CB but the kick up rudder is an option. IMHO there is no sense in having a fixed rudder on a boat with a kick up centerboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.