150% headsail on Legend 40.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fernando Coll

I have just become a Hunter owner and was asking to myself if someone has any experience on racing/sailing with a 150% guenoa on these boats? My furling one is only about 100% but I pretend to buy new kevlar sails and am wondering how would this winged-bulb keel boat do with such a sail. Would it be too much sail for her? Thank you for your attention. Fernando

D

Don H.

135% is probably better.

Unless you are sailing in light winds or intend to do serious sailboat racing, a 135% Genoa would probably be a better choice. It is easier to tack than a 150% and will give you the same drive unless you are in very light winds. Over 10 knots of wind and a 150% Genoa would overpower your 40.5

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Fernando, Check The Owner Reviews..

.. one of the is from a guy that has really tricked his out with what sounds like a 155. I tried to e-mail him but got a bounce. Perhaps you can try. If it bounces, post something here and maybe he replies. PS: I have one myself, that is a 40.5. Good luck. Rick D.

B

bob

40.5 jib size

i agree with don that a 150 jib would be too much sail for a 40.5 going upwind in all but very light airs....my 40.5 has the stock 130...she sails best upwind on her feet

Status
Not open for further replies.