14.2 Expo

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
I got one some 3 years ago and have been sailing Boca Ciega Bay, FL mostly in July (ugh!!) and December. Had to come down this month to attend to ailing 90 year old father-in -law. What a lovely time of year. The winds have been perfect (5 to 15 knts) and the temperatures are a steady 70-75 degrees. Other than a few rain days, sailed every day for 2-3 hours. Two more weeks of this before I head north to un-wrap the Capri 22 for a late May launch.
The EXPO is a neat boat with an un-stayed carbon fiber mast with a cat rig. Gusts just bend the mast and spill off. Ordered new sail to allow me to point higher but still am in no hurry for speed. Very tall mast keeping me in the bay. The draw bridge operator laughed at me the first time i requested an opening of Tom Stewart, but opened anyway. Tried to go under at low tide and would have made if I could have stayed in the center. A stink-pot forced me to the side and made a foot of wake and I hit the bridge. Mast just bent with no damage. Inconsiderate lot at times.