130 Amp Battery Fuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
You can find cheap ANL's all over the place but there are very few that meet the USCG and ABYC spark protected standards. Thus far I have only been able to find one brand that meets the ignition protection rule and that is the Blue Sea fuses. If your batteries are giving off gas and the fuse blows you want spark protection, not a potential ignition source.

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
Catalina Installed them

You can find cheap ANL's all over the place but there are very few that meet the USCG and ABYC spark protected standards. Thus far I have only been able to find one brand that meets the ignition protection rule and that is the Blue Sea fuses. If your batteries are giving off gas and the fuse blows you want spark protection, not a potential ignition source.
MS, Understand your point. Did not know I had fuses there until I checked the blue seas ones I installed on the terminals and realized they were not blown. Started tracing and that is what Catalina put in.

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
MS, Understand your point. Did not know I had fuses there until I checked the blue seas ones I installed on the terminals and realized they were not blown. Started tracing and that is what Catalina put in.
Catalina generally installs Blue Sea ANL fuses which ARE ignition protected and do meet the standards. Our 2005 C-310 had Blue Sea ANL's that met ABYC and USCG requirements. It should say Ignition Protection right on it.

If you find another ANL manufacturer offering ANL's with ignition protection please let me know!!! I suspect Blue Sea has them made specifically for them by Cooper Bussmann. I have never found any data that suggests the Cooper Bussmann versions have an ignition protection rating and when you google them they actually cost MORE than the Blue Sea version......

Status
Not open for further replies.