1200 nm Completed

Aug 17, 2022
Hunter 37 Cherubini Seward
Thought I would just post a quick note. Just completed moving Somniatis II from Bellingham WA to Seward AK. Left Bellingham on May 31st and arrived in Seward June 23rd. Marathon trip with of course its fair share of challenges. Ended up motoring most of the way. Maybe sailed 10% of the time. Wind on the nose most of the trip. Definitely going to enjoy the trip south in about a year and going to take my time.

Beautiful places along the way. Here's a shot from Elfin Cove. Last stop before entering the Gulf of Alaska. Somniatis is right underneath the brown two-story building. Also, a picture of her at rest in Seward.

Attachments

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
When you catch your breath and have a moment I would appreciate a list of your stops along the way. For the last few years I have had aspirations to go to Prince Rupert and return but head winds got in the way.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
That is quite the trip.
1688887725305.png

Love to hear more about it.

Congratulations on its completion.

-Will

Aug 17, 2022
Hunter 37 Cherubini Seward
Well finally managed to get everything headed in the right direction after taking a month off. Here's a list of the ports and anchorages we utilized on the way to Seward, Alaska from Bellingham, WA.
- Bellingham to Clam Bay, BC (through Bedwell Harbor for check in)
- Clam Bay to Comox
- Comox to Otter Cove (Engine problems here so spent 2 nights then back to Campbell River.)
- back to Otter Cove
- Otter Cove to Alert Bay
- Alert Bay to Fury Cove
- Fury Cove to Mouat Cove
- Moat Cove to Goat Harbor
- Goat Harbor to East Inlet
- East Inlet to Prince Rupert
- Prince Rupert to Ketchikan
- Ketchikan to Meyers Chuck
- Meyers Chuck to Petersburg (Awesome marina experience)
- Petersburg to Chapin Bay
- Chapin Bay to Tenakee Springs (Very long way back to Tenakee)
- Tenakee Springs to Elfin Cove
- Elfin Cove to Yakutat
- Yakutat to Seward
Keep in mind this was a very aggressive schedule as I only had 30 days to get it done. The next time I'm going to take at least 2 - 3 months for the trip. Elfin Cove to Seward was mostly straight through motoring. Heavy sea state, wind on the nose and rainy. (Somniatis weathered it all like a champ)
Thought I'd attach a scary picture. Found this the other day while running new wire for the new windlass. This photo is the unswitched power supply for the main bilge pump. There were only a half dozen strands still providing power. Vary scary...

Attachments