1 week to the 5th annual rOnDAYvous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
what a great weekend coming up......all the final details are being worked out and we should have the BEST rOnDAYvous ever. See you all in Milford............

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 40 New Bern
Best rOnDAYvous...

I'm still waiting to hear if anyone will be joining Kukulcán in our trek westward starting Thursday morning off New London? Looks like Duck Island Thursday night, Milford on Friday, and we would love the company! Bill and Pat, O40 Kukulcán, New London, CT

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
Bill,

We are unsure if we are going Thursday or Friday, but if we go Friday we could meet just before Sachems Head. After tomorrow night I will be out of e-mail/Internet contact, but a cell phone call on Wednesday of Thursday would work. Rick and Joan, O26, Apple O'Day.

Gaf

Dec 31, 2006
-O'Day 23' Kilmarnock
Location of rendevous??

Greetings Y'all, I am intested in attending the upcoming O'Day sailboat rOnDAYvous . Where in Milford, CT is it held? What do you do at an O'Day rOnDAYvous ? Since my boat is in Virginia, I will be driving to the event. Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay in the local area? Thanks! George

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Milford Landing Marina

George, The "headquarters" marina for the rOnDAYvous is Milford Lisman Landing marina, the town-owned all-transient facility in Milford. The rOnDAYvous is all one big happy O'day-fest, with lots of socializing, sailing, wining and dining (or eating and drinking, if you prefer), and much more. I'm really thrilled that you're up for trailering your O'day to Milford, and I can assure you of a good time on many levels. To get a really comprehensive idea of what we may try to cram into 2 days, go to the website iheartodays.com (see link), and at the bottom of the homepage will be a link to the online newsletter that has been circulated to all prospective attendees. If you have any specific questions I can help you with, email me directly (before the end of the day Tuesday): pdodenhoff at jjay dot cuny dot edu. (Substitute @ for at and . for dot) I'll look forward to seeing you there. Pete s/v EmmieLou (O-322) Little Silver, NJ

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 35 Staten Island, NY
Big assumption

George, I automatically assumedy you'd trailer your O'day to Milford. Even if you want to drive up sans boat, you're still more than welcome. (Others have done so in the past.) One of the earlier issues of the e-newsletter has info on local lodgings. Pete

Jun 3, 2004
Oday 40 New Bern
rOnDAYvous 07

Rick and Joan, expect a call while enroute Thursday. Great that you're coming! Geeorge of Virginia, if you play a musical instrument (acoustic, unless Mike C. plugs you in) and it fits in your vehicle, bring it, please, and let Peter D. know how many are coming so he can get the numbers in for the barbie. I will be bringing a Loran unit, a horseshoe preserver and bracket, a jib bag that used to fit the jib on my 028 before I converted to roller furling, and assorted cushions for the swap, and anything else I can find that someone might appreciate. Also a few pieces of O'Day literature. I wonder if we'll be able to see where the water line is after everything is aboard? This is getting exciting! Bill and Pat, 040 Kukulcán, New London, CT

Oct 21, 2005
Oday 26 Indian Cove, Guilford, CT LIS
On our way to the boat!

See you all in Milford! Rick and Joan

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
tomorrow

my "mancation" begins tomorrow. Yes, this year Karen will not be joining me for the trip. With Sail Camp still going on (she's head counselor this week) and a family affair on Saturday, she'll be staying home, but I'm sure she'll call in on Saturday to check up on me.

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Were at Mt. Sinai :)

We had a great weekend and just left Free Spirit at a mooring in Mt Sinai,left Sat morning at Fire Island and stopped at Sheepshead bay for the night then tru NYC to City Island and stayed at the Harlem Yacht Club (I gave Tony the manager a heads up that some of the ODay guys will be coming thru) and then on to Huntington last night and will pick up on Friday for Milford Landing.

Jul 8, 2004
S2 9.1 chelsea ny
I'm home...but

let me decompress and let all the thoughts about this week sink in. Yesterday was a rough day out on LIS and I'm beat up and tired (mentally and physically). I will say that I had the BEST time ever..................

RAD

Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 30 Bay Shore, N.Y.
Were home too,but Free Spirit isn't

And yesterdays trip (Monday)on the LIS was fantastic for traveling,there was no wind and the water was like glass so the 40 mile trip was a breeze :) under motor I,m glad I waited a day to leave and Mary,Elizabeth and I had a great time this weekend and meeting new friend and also attaching a face to the names. Free Spirit is in Sea Cliff on a mooring till this weekend then we'll bring here home. Mike glad to here ya got home safe RAD

Status
Not open for further replies.