South and middle Puget Sound

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We left on August 7th from Everett and so far we have been to Kingston, Winslow, Blake Island, Port Orchard, Blake Island again, Des Moines, gig Harbor, and we are now at Long Branch.

We spent a couple of days or more at each place we've visited and met a lot of great people. I'm not sure why most people spend their summertime in the San Juan Islands and ignore the rest of Puget Sound. The best part, there's been room for us every place we went.

The only real issue we've had is limited wind most days. We intend to keep going south to Olympia before we turn around.

Attachments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Nice report Ken. Not yet sailing Hadley. At the boat awaiting a cal from the glass shop that the properly resealed the glass to the frame. It was a real pain.

I did get to see how the Butyl did adhering the window in place. I was able to get a solid seal all the way around the frame. The stickiness of the Bed-It material was evident. Good holding without pulling the fiberglass/gelcoat off the boat. I have hopes to be out sailing again soon.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Ken, liked your report and pictures. Thank you. Just got back with our granddaughter for a few days around the islands. It has been a busy sailing season for us. Need a rest. :)

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
We're heading south on the 28th and will be at Gig Harbor for the first night. Will definitely make Penrose, Jerrold Cove, Boston Harbor, etc, and return after about 10 days.
Unless you’re specifically needing the overnight in Gig Harbor, I’d recommend Quartermaster for the overnight and visit GH as a day trip. It’s super busy

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Unless you’re specifically needing the overnight in Gig Harbor, I’d recommend Quartermaster for the overnight and visit GH as a day trip. It’s super busy
Gig Harbor now has a new public doc they call it. It has power and water on the dock and it has showers. By arriving fairly early in the day we have not had a problem getting on the dock. If you do decide to use gig Harbor as a day trip that's also a good spot to tie up. There is a farmers market there on Thursdays but it doesn't start until I can't remember I think it was one in the afternoon and it goes until 6:00 p.m. so it's a little unusual hours. Some of the businesses were closed through Wednesday.

Dec 28, 2015
Laser, Hunter H30 Cherubini Tacoma
Gig Harbor now has a new public doc they call it. It has power and water on the dock and it has showers. By arriving fairly early in the day we have not had a problem getting on the dock. If you do decide to use gig Harbor as a day trip that's also a good spot to tie up. There is a farmers market there on Thursdays but it doesn't start until I can't remember I think it was one in the afternoon and it goes until 6:00 p.m. so it's a little unusual hours. Some of the businesses were closed through Wednesday.
The dock is nice, we used it a couple weeks ago for a day trip. We waited a bit to get a spot for a 24ft powerboat. It’s pretty limited if there are several larger SV’s on it. I was thinking more in the lines of anchoring out. There is a lot of boat traffic.

DArcy

Feb 11, 2017
Islander Freeport 36 Ottawa
Thanks for the post and pictures Ken. The boat in that last photo is a long way from home.