MH-40 Water drains from cabin roof into cockpit

May 24, 2011
Marlow Hunter 40 Oriental, NC
When it rains or I wash the boat, water from the cabin roof drains through channel along companionway slide in to the rope tail bins, then onto cockpit sole. Makes for a messier/wetter cockpit than I’d like. Do you other MH-40 owners experience the same issue?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Same on my newer Hunter 386 sailboat but solved that with a dodger over the companionway and later sold it. Just be glad the boat does not have rainwater collecting under the cabin roof line cover since it did not free drain like my Hunter 386.......what a mess. Had to remove the roof line cover annual to remove the dirt and algae. Fortunately Hunter engineered out that by eliminating the line cover and making it free drain towards the bow on my Hunter 46.

May 10, 2004
Hunter MH 37 Manitowoc, WI
When it rains or I wash the boat, water from the cabin roof drains through channel along companionway slide in to the rope tail bins, then onto cockpit sole. Makes for a messier/wetter cockpit than I’d like. Do you other MH-40 owners experience the same issue?

May 10, 2004
our MH-37 has similar problem. The dodger does help but I always remove the lines and flush out the line bins. This helps with water stains.

May 10, 2004
You might consider installing Seadek in the cockpit as shown on my Hunter 46. Its very cost effective, installed with a sticky backing so there is no glue to apply, easy to replace, feels soft on your feet, easy to clean AND looks good all the time.
Looks awesome. Did you DIY or have someone install it?