IMG 0006 I needed to move my roller furler drum control line cleat to a spot on the combing where I could reach it easy for single handing.  These boats came with a regular horn cleat on the Starboard corner of the cabin.  Not good, IMO.
The cleat in the pic is a used jam cleat which I picked up real cheap in a marine consignment shop in Newport RI.   You only need to take one turn of the line around the cleat and it should jam.   The cleat needs to be mounted at a slight angle for this to work though.  I had to mount the cleat straight because the combing is too narrow, but adding a single sheave to my stern rail provides that needed angle provided that your wrap the control line around the jam cleat clockwise.
Joe11688

IMG 0006 I needed to move my roller furler drum control line cleat to a spot on the combing where I could reach it easy for single handing. These boats came with a regular horn cleat on the Starboard corner of the cabin. Not good, IMO. The cleat in the pic is a used jam cleat which I picked up real cheap in a marine consignment shop in Newport RI. You only need to take one turn of the line around the cleat and it should jam. The cleat needs to be mounted at a slight angle for this to work though. I had to mount the cleat straight because the combing is too narrow, but adding a single sheave to my stern rail provides that needed angle provided that your wrap the control line around the jam cleat clockwise.

There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Trinkka's mods
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata