DSC01168 This self bailing cockpit hose modification works better than the original single hose set up. The hose that I replaced was a rubber hose which was bent to a 90 degree to go out the stern thru-hull fitting.  gasoline got into the old hose and ate out a hole in it.  Like a dumbbell I ran my garden hose in the cockpit before I realized that there was a hole in it and the water wasn't coming out the stern.  It was going into the bilge.   What a stink!  It took weeks, and months to get rid of the fumes in the cabin.
This hose is ordinary 1" ID reinforced Vinyl hose that can be bought at Lowe's, Home Depot, or any hardware store.
I used a Nylon 90 degree fitting and four stainless steel hose clamps.
To gain access to this hose I cut a hole in the center of my inside transom for an 8'' Beckson Deck Plate.   This alone was the smartest move I've ever made.   I now have access to my gudgions, my self bailing cockpit hose, my stern light, my outboard charging wire, my swim ladder, my outboard mounting bracket.  
 Believe me.  I'll never try crawling through that lazarett hatch again.  I got stuck in that opening one day with my feet hanging out of the opening.  I could hear the birds on a nearby tree limb laughing at me.  I managed to wiggle my way out of that opening.  I thank the good Lord for small favors.
Joe11688

DSC01168 This self bailing cockpit hose modification works better than the original single hose set up. The hose that I replaced was a rubber hose which was bent to a 90 degree to go out the stern thru-hull fitting. gasoline got into the old hose and ate out a hole in it. Like a dumbbell I ran my garden hose in the cockpit before I realized that there was a hole in it and the water wasn't coming out the stern. It was going into the bilge. What a stink! It took weeks, and months to get rid of the fumes in the cabin. This hose is ordinary 1" ID reinforced Vinyl hose that can be bought at Lowe's, Home Depot, or any hardware store. I used a Nylon 90 degree fitting and four stainless steel hose clamps. To gain access to this hose I cut a hole in the center of my inside transom for an 8'' Beckson Deck Plate. This alone was the smartest move I've ever made. I now have access to my gudgions, my self bailing cockpit hose, my stern light, my outboard charging wire, my swim ladder, my outboard mounting bracket. Believe me. I'll never try crawling through that lazarett hatch again. I got stuck in that opening one day with my feet hanging out of the opening. I could hear the birds on a nearby tree limb laughing at me. I managed to wiggle my way out of that opening. I thank the good Lord for small favors.

small leaves / branches dont like 90 degree bends.. A clog will overflow your cockpit while on the hard. ( if the boat is not covered )

A good point Johan. When my boat is on the hard during the winter lay up, it is covered. I have a lot of leaves and pine needles near the house and in the spring when I uncover the boat, I make sure that the self bailing hose is clear.

Media information

Album
Trinkka's mods
Added by
Joe11688
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename