zodi camp water heater

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony Zambella

Anyone use a Zodi portable propane water heater for the boat ? I think it's the answer to my freshwater cooled engine and mooring home. Just wanted to ask around

J

Justin - O'day Owners' Web

I'm going to try it too

Tony - I am going to try one of their systems this spring. They sound like a great idea, but look sort of chintzy. We'll see how they last. Justin - O'day Owners' Web

T

Tony Zambella

Reply to Huh ???

This is water heater for camping. It uses propane cylinders and appears to het water on demand.

T

Todd Osborne

I have used one a fair amount...

and they work quite well. made of stainless & copper coils. I use the zodi for hot showers after scuba diving in the winter (in the Northwest, brrrr) But there are a few drawbacks. make your own conclusion... 1) The water pressure at the sprinkler head (similar to the sunshower) is too low. I put a piece of tape over some of the holes & it sprays better. 2) the water doesn't get hot enough. I recirculated the water in a 2 gal container for about two minutes until it got "hot" say, just enough to bare putting your hands in. I got just "warm" water when I used straight cold. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.