Zinc's - what size

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Andrew Bird

When I hauled my 99 340 last November both of the zinc's had gone...spun off?, corroded?. I plan to fit two this year, how do I determine size?? Clearly the diameter is the shaft size, I assume this is inches not metric, but what about length??

P

Pete

zincs

one inch shaft "egg shaped" I don't think they are available in different lenghts.I use two and have not had any problems.they should be replaced every year.

J

James

two egg shaped

I have a 99,340 and replaced mine this year. I put two on the shaft make sure that you make cintact metal to metal. scrape off all bpttom paint to insure you have a sound connection. One uinch shaft on my hunter 340

N

nick maggio

Zincs

My zincs came loose also,you must make them tight and bang with hammer each time and tighten a little and hit with hammer. Each time you tighten the screws than hit with hammer again . Don't go crazy with hammer and hit too hard easy does it each time just keep repeating until its real tight. Use egg shape with the screws going into each half egg shape zincs,one should be good yours mostlikely came loose. nick

Status
Not open for further replies.