Yet another thread about Butyl rubber...

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I like the Bed-It Butyl product. Bought a binnacle guard at a consignment shop first year I got the boat. Attached it to the cockpit deck using bed-it to seal the deck through holes. It was a leap of faith in to the unknown. But I followed the recommendations and out sailing. About 16 months later I had to remove one of the binnacle bases to install auto pilot wiring. The bedding material had spread evenly sealing the bolt holes. With all the bolts free the base was still securely attached. It took some effort to pry//lift the base from the deck. The base came away with the same sort of material strings in https://marinehowto.com images. Showed me that the product was still flexible yet sealed. A desired result to an accessory that is used as a hand hold when in boat is bouncing about in chop.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
And a vote for Butyl Tape comes in from Denmark. And it is MS's Bed-it Butyl tape. He's gone international.

(check the links in the description)

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
And a vote for Butyl Tape comes in from Denmark. And it is MS's Bed-it Butyl tape. He's gone international.

(check the links in the description)

We've been shipping Bed-It Tape all over the world for a fair number of years now. Like our North American customers, folks in far away places tend to like it too. Many are repeat customers, despite the rather steep international shipping costs..

Sep 24, 2018
O'Day 25 Chicago
I ordered some Bed-It on Wednesday and it arrived on Friday. Thanks for the super fast shipping @Maine Sail! Other than less pliable, can this compound be applied in the cold?