Yanmar keyswitch

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
my keyswitch gave up to uv beatings. anyone know of a source for replacement?

looks like a simple keyed switch, but unsure of amp ratings etc.

Aug 28, 2015
Oday 28 St Joseph, MI
Wouldn't worry much about amperage, it's just enough to actuate a solenoid which applies voltage to the starter. If you find one with "off" "on" and "start" which fits the old switches hole it should work.

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
The switch for my 36 year old Yanmar 1GM broke and I was able to get a brand new replacement switch that was a one-for-one replacement and swapped right in. Sorry, but I don't remember the cost. I got it from Toad Marine (formerly Torreson Marine), but wasn't happy with the service the last time around or so, so I'm not necessarily recommending them. It's a stock Yanmar part, so you should able to get it easily.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
John's right, great source. I had to replace my 30 year old key switch last month. $27.88 CND incl tax at an auto parts store. Cole Hersee part. These are NOT "boat" parts, they are commodities.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
thanks ALL! Great information, and once I get home, I can measure the existing hardware (hole diameter) for proper fitment. 3 great links and 5 great responses.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
Ordered! Thanks all for the contributions. I like the idea of the brass and metal construction. The only caveat, is this switch is for an 1-1/8" hole, and the previous switch is 1". I am (mostly) certain there is room on the panel to open up, if it isn't that big already.

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
Arrived! This should be a HUGE improvement being metal instead of plastic. Thanks to our Chandlery.