Winch for mast raising

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 260 Sarasota,FL
Shanker, omg I just Googled Red Deer Alberta weather and that's some hard core winter action. -17degrees expected on Sunday, REALLY! Call me when I can snorkel in your lake.

I'm a dedicated guy so maybe if you trailered to Vancouver in July I'd arrange an exchange of sailing wisdom in the effort to not freeze solid. My Fl blood is far too thin for your territory in Jan my friend. I don't even go outside if it's below 50.

Fair "Alberta clipper" winds until then.
Mike

Jan 2, 2012
Ho'oluana 25' Reeds Bay Hawaii
Ano'ai kakou ( Greetings everyone)

Mahalo for all your posts. Actually, I just inherited the boat (2006 Hunter 25') from a friend that needed some help. (with funds) I am not that knowledgable about the boat! I have sailed Catalinas and Hawaiian outriggers over several years. Of course... there are no instructions and Im really lost. The boat is in excellent shape and I had it surveyed and all looks good. If I can ask Kokua (help) with your knowledge regarding this Hunter, the Island is yours anytime you get here. I am on Big Island and the sailing is great and the whales and dolphins will await your arrival... So, as a "newbee" I mahalo you for your Kokua.

Kamano
Hilo Hawaii

May 25, 2004
Hunter 260 Pepin, WI
Welcome Kamano,

I think you'll get a better response if you start your own thread. It would also help if you had specific questions :)

I've visited your island and sailed a double hulled canoe out of Hilo harbor

Aug 9, 2005
Hunter 260 Sarasota,FL
Reeds bay certainly has the right weather for sailing your new boat and you'll find the Hunter forums to be very helpful with your new adventure out there. There is always someone here who has worked through just about any situation you'd run across so don't be shy about asking for Kokua...

Pictures are always a big help when you have a specific technical question and even better if you are just trying to remind us of how tropically warm your sailing grounds are when our northern sailor friends are snow bound.

Spent a week wave sailing in Maui back in the day and I'm sure I'll find a good excuse to get back there some day soon.
Fair winds. Mike and kelli

Oct 10, 2010
Hunter H260 Gull Lake
Welcome Kamano,

I to am a newbie sailor and recently purchase a 260. Have a look at the site link that I attached, there is a lot of info. It is designed for a Hunter 260 but I suspect that there is some good stuff that you can use on your 25. There is an excellent section on mast raising. It was my bible, as well as the very helpful folks on this forum, that really helped me get out on the water.

www.h260.com

Good luck!!

Jan 2, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for your information and help. I really dont have any problems yet!!! But, I am sure that I will run across some of them. I found a Hunter 25 instructions on the net and it was very helpful. Although I do have a question on the "Head" it is a jabsco toilet and it has a 13 gallon holding tank. Here is Hilo we dont have a place to pump the waste out (Kona does ...125 miles away). I always owned a porta potti and just carried it my septic. Question? How do I emty the waste without a pump? Is there some type of bulge pump especially for waste and how do I get to the tank to empty it. I know where the waste port is and there is no other ports. I read that some have waste ports that pumpout at the waterline or something. I looked at the boat and see only the one waste port. Is there some type of hose and electric pump or hand pump for the tank.

Also, I will start a different thread as soon as I check out the site and learn more. We dont have High speed internet here (I live in the rainforrest and we cant get the signal or cable) so, when I get into some place on the net, I stay there cause it takes so long to change with dialup junk.

Mahalo e malama pono (thanks be safe)
Kamano

May 25, 2004
Hunter 260 Pepin, WI
While a holding tank is convenient when compared to a hand-carried toilet, without a pump-out station the holding tank will just be work. I can fill my 30 gal holding tank in one busy weekend.

I recommend you remove the Jabsco and install your favorite porta-potty.

Check "The Head Mistress" or the "Trailer Sailors" for info on how others have solved this problem.

Jan 2, 2012
Aloha Mike

Just let me know when you come to the Big Island...My home is your home. My boat is your boat... Hawaiian Hospitality. (We call it The aloha Spirit)

kamano

Status
Not open for further replies.