Why install an fresh water flusher!

Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
I installed a fresh water system to 1. flush out salt water before leaving the boat after a trip. 2. winterizing the engine and all plumbing threw out. 3. when I need to diagnose problems with RAW water pumping properly threw engines pump.
Case and point: My 2GMF started to lose raw water flow. I could hear the engine exhaust louder than normal. Quickly, I anchored to check the raw water system. I proceeded to run on fresh water from my tank and found all ok. So, this meant from the seacock to filter is clogged. Closed seacock and removed the lid on the filter and proceded to open seacock to see water flow into the filter and into the bilge. Very little water flowing.. I used my fiberglass wire runner and snaked it into the hose down to the seacock that was left in the OPEN position. YaHoo! grass and barnacles plugged the system. Shut off seacock shut the filter lid.. and the rest is history.
Hope this helps! Stargazer II Capt. Rob stargazeriinh@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Having a problem. Diagnosing the issue. Solving the problem. Writing it up for the forum to possibly help another sailor...
This is why I love this forum and the group of sailors who share.