Where are all the small Catalina owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2004
Catalina 250 Wing Keel Eugene, OR
Be big

Think beyond yourself. If someone just wants to use the forum then fine, I will help pay for that. If some want to race then I am fine with my dues helping that. If some want to cruise then I am fine with my dues helping that. Want to have a get together at a boat show. Great! Use some of my dues for that too. For crying out loud we are talking about $10-15 dollars more per year for pople who can already afford to have boats! This is a tempest in a teapot. I agree with John. Name the thing you want but aren't getting. Put your real issues on the table. Identify yourselves. If you can't do those things then please stop whining.

C

C25-Observer

Exclusivity

Tom S. wrote; “C25-Observer correct me if I am wrong. Its not necessarily that there are dues increases, but rather that important decisions are not asked or voted on by any members but those active on the Forum Website. If that's the case then I'd have to agree with C25-Observer.” Thanks Tom, That’s exactly the issue. Not withstanding John’s CAPS the Assoc. has become more and exclusive to a small group who are intent on dominating the Assoc. with their little racing cadre. If the Assoc. ends up being run by a small group of racers who provide a forum for C25/C250 & Capri owners well so be it, but they should be honest and only collect dues from sailors who support their activities, which does include the forum. As we have always said it is a valuable asset. At one time the assoc. had the potential, and in our opinion the leadership, to make the assoc. not only a welcome place but provided a support structure for all C25/250 owners, fostered building a community AND helped maintain the value of our boats. Not so now. The Commodores resignation has pointed up the conflict and philosophical differences that are being discussed and will continue to be addressed. C25-Observer http://c25-250-observer.blogspot.com/ Comments are welcome, pro & con, on the blog.

R

Ray Bowles

KD4AO. I'm up north freezing my ass off.

I also sail a C22 and check the site. But while i'm freezing my rear off it sounds like someones getting his chewed off. We were down to 4 degrees last night so the sailing has slowed down somewhat. This year we left my boat rigged and covered on the trailer at the launch so that anytime the sun is out and we get into the mid to upper 40's we can launch and play. We trade off each year as to who stays rigged and covered. We simply switch from cheap beer to "Baileys Irish Cream" and move real slow. Maybe more people will post again after the holidays and we can get back to the important part of life. Merry Christmas KD4AO and to all the rest of my fellow sailing friends. Ray

D

David P

Reflections from a new C-25 owner

We bought our 1984 C-25 in Sept. 2006 and I was thrilled to find the Association forum. Everybody, and I mean everybody, on that forum has been extremely helpful to me, answering questions, offering hints, etc. and helping me start a local C-25 fleet here in Nashville. It's been worth every penny of the $22 annual dues. We still own a C-22 and I belong to that Association as well. They just went up from $25 to $27.50. If the C-25 Association went to $25 a year, it would still be worth it. David P

Jun 3, 2004
This just in

Over 575 people used the C25/250/25Capri in 2007. Hardly a narrow group of people. Terrific forum and worth every penny.

C

C25-Observer

Statistics

An interesting statistic. Unfortunately Dave's statistic does not tell the real story. More telling is this from the past V.C. Duane Wolf "2 years ago I recall that out of 712 members we found that about 58% of the membership had a forum login. 40% of that number posted at least once in the past year." Hmmm let's see 58% of the total membership is mmm er... then 40% percent of that number is mmm er... Gee less.. AND they posted "posted at least once in the past year". AS Randy knows that in reading the forum the same names appears on a regular basis. WE stated before and will again here that serving 60% per Duane’s numbers does not serve ALL the PAYING members. Oh BTW You might want to ask the officers how many members we have now. In our opinion the number is dwindling as the emphasis shifts to the forum as the end all be all of the assoc. Gee funny how a fellow Cleveland-ite just “happened” to be available to fill in as V.C. More on that latter C25-Observer http://c25-250-observer.blogspot.com/

C

C25-Observer

Statistics

An interesting statistic. Unfortunately Dave's statistic does not tell the real story. More telling is this from the past V.C. Duane Wolf "2 years ago I recall that out of 712 members we found that about 58% of the membership had a forum login. 40% of that number posted at least once in the past year." Hmmm let's see 58% of the total membership is mmm er... then 40% percent of that number is mmm er... Gee less.. AND they posted "posted at least once in the past year". AS Randy knows that in reading the forum the same names appears on a regular basis. WE stated before and will again here that serving 60% per Duane’s numbers does not serve ALL the PAYING members. Oh BTW You might want to ask the officers how many members we have now. In our opinion the number is dwindling as the emphasis shifts to the forum as the end all be all of the assoc. Gee funny how a fellow Cleveland-ite just “happened” to be available to fill in as V.C. More on that latter C25-Observer http://c25-250-observer.blogspot.com/

C

C25-Observer

Statistics

C

C25-Observer

Statistics

Feb 25, 2007
- - Sandusky, Ohio
Buy a map

Now this has become a Cleveland conspiracy? The new V.C. is from Cincinatti . About the same as saying L.A. is San Francisco. He chose to participate in the regatta in Cleveland All this from a genius that sends money to an organization that doesn't do anything for him (although he can't say what it is that he wants) then he whines about it. I also find it interesting that you seem to gather a lot of information from a forum that you say doesn't serve you?????? Dam -- I tried to stay away. Just so you know "Observer" there are some in the Association that are/were in your corner but, your adolescent rantings aren't helping your cause. Obviously, there have been some assumptions made about your secret identity.

Feb 25, 2007
- - Sandusky, Ohio
Buy a map

Now this has become a Cleveland conspiracy? The new V.C. is from Cincinatti . About the same as saying L.A. is San Francisco. He chose to participate in the regatta in Cleveland All this from a genius that sends money to an organization that doesn't do anything for him (although he can't say what it is that he wants) then he whines about it. I also find it interesting that you seem to gather a lot of information from a forum that you say doesn't serve you?????? Dam -- I tried to stay away. Just so you know "Observer" there are some in the Association that are/were in your corner but, your adolescent rantings aren't helping your cause. Obviously, there have been some assumptions made about your secret identity.

Feb 25, 2007
- - Sandusky, Ohio
Buy a map

Feb 25, 2007
- - Sandusky, Ohio
Buy a map

C

C25-Observer

Ohio-Nationals

Cincinnati, Cleveland (is there really a difference?) all Erie sailors along with D. Wolff. John, you know what that issue is. As for assumptions, the assumptions are correct for one of the observers. The others have joined the “camp” but continue to participate on different levels within the assoc. and don’t want the leadership to censor them as they are known to do when their discretions are pointed out. Thus the blog and name. C25-Observer http://c25-250-observer.blogspot.com/ We will post comments, both pro and con, on the blog.

C

C25-Observer

Ohio-Nationals

Cincinnati, Cleveland (is there really a difference?) all Erie sailors along with D. Wolff. John, you know what that issue is. As for assumptions, the assumptions are correct for one of the observers. The others have joined the “camp” but continue to participate on different levels within the assoc. and don’t want the leadership to censor them as they are known to do when their discretions are pointed out. Thus the blog and name. C25-Observer http://c25-250-observer.blogspot.com/ We will post comments, both pro and con, on the blog.

C

C25-Observer

Ohio-Nationals

C

C25-Observer

Ohio-Nationals

Jun 3, 2004
It's history

The big to-do is over and things have settled down on the forum. There is no conspiracy, there is no intrigue. Just a volunteer association with officers doing their best. C25-Observer, you obviously have issues that you are not willing to share. Your fear of identifying yourself is sad and says more about you than anyone else. These days the forum IS the thing. It is a wonderful way to share information and be a community. Best of luck to you. I'm done with this thread. John, see you back at the forum!

Jun 3, 2004
It's history

The big to-do is over and things have settled down on the forum. There is no conspiracy, there is no intrigue. Just a volunteer association with officers doing their best. C25-Observer, you obviously have issues that you are not willing to share. Your fear of identifying yourself is sad and says more about you than anyone else. These days the forum IS the thing. It is a wonderful way to share information and be a community. Best of luck to you. I'm done with this thread. John, see you back at the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.