WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATUS?

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Spending an inordinate amount of time looking for youtube videos of sailing in the BVI in anticipation of our 10 day bareboat charter in March....also checking the various webcams as well.......the ride is a 37' 2011 Beneteau and just the two of us! Kinda like a second honeymoon after 27 years....
BVICOOPER.jpg

Sep 7, 2018
Chrysler C-22 Battle Creek
J
I am currently in cold and snowy Indiana. So this is my current dream status. what is your current status?
I am North of your position in Michigan. Needless to say the boat is on the trailer in the side yard with a list of things to complete before the weather breaks. I currently have the bow pulpit and life line stanchions removed. I am cleaning them up a bit and getting ready to re-bed them. Also need some new jib sheets and I would like to redo the cabin cushions before spring. Time to get busy!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I guess I'll drag the snowblower up from the basement with a couple of shovels. Maybe buy some gas. Meanwhile we are hard at work cleaning out the attic, basement and anything else that catches my eye - "That's not going with us!" And I'm trying to finish my business commitments by March 15. Letter to clients goes out Feb. 1. I don't think I could do this in another 10 years. I signed a contract to broker my boat yesterday to sell "As is." My wife has a mover estimate. We just need a place to move to but it's likely we'll rent for a bit and make job #1 when retired finding a place to live. The Future is Now!

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Why would one waste precious time thinking about sex when there are so many boats to consider. :)
Oh, and beer. So much beer to consider. :beer:
Isn't life great? Are we there yet? Two weeks (and a bit) and counting!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Oh it is growing near. The chance to look at new boats. To sail. To taste new beers of Canada. To cross the Strait of Georgia.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
@Kermit , you know, old son, there is still time to book a plane. Not much, but some.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
Sitting in Tyrrel Bay Carriacou, in crystal clear water. The air temp is about 80 degrees and the wind between 8 and 13 knots from the east.
Today we will finish up installing our mooring. Two twelve foot sand screws about 20' apart with 40' of ½" chain connecting them and a 1" three strand nylon pennant, all in 12' of water. Not thinking a hurricane mooring, but sufficient to sleep well and keep our anchor tackle out of the water, any other time.
Next step is to register it w/ports and harbors and wait until the proper legislation goes through to make it legally ours. Our own little piece of paradise12 feet underwater.lol
Another grand day in paradise.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
@dlochner that is a very nicely fit cover, as sad as it is to put a cover on when you have to it might as well fit well and that certainly does fit well, how many sections is that? I like the way it wraps past the water line, it appears to have a draw line through the perimeter, how does that work if in multiple sections.

Mark