WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATUS?

Mar 28, 2007
Oday 23 Anna Maria Isl.
here is an idea to keep us in touch, and perhaps steal a little wind from facebooks sails. if you have a quick thought about anything sailing, or an old favorite sailing picture, or your in a cool little anchorage with pics, or you have the hots for a new or different boat...why not keep this thread alive with a quick blip of a post? sort of a nonspecific thread for our winter amusement! so, just what is your current status?

Mar 28, 2007
Oday 23 Anna Maria Isl.
I was surprised to see Beneteau buy a majority interest in Seascape, and market their boats as a First 18, 24, and 27. I could really see myself enjoying a Seascape/Beneteau 24 as a trailer sailor adventure boat. Seems they sail really well, and to be beachable would be great.

Mar 28, 2007
Oday 23 Anna Maria Isl.
installing surge disc brakes on both axles of my O'Day 23 trailer was clearly the best and least interesting money I've ever spent on safety.

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Today, I sailed out to the garage and spent an hour and a half putting the chains on the MF tractor! (Of course you all know that means Massey Furgeson tractor.) Tomorrow I'll dock to the snow plow. However, I do like the idea of these quick posts.

Mar 29, 2015
MacGregor 25 trailer sailer
Boats are on trailers in my yard. Lake down to record low for dock and seawall maintenance and my hoa is pouring a new improved ramp. As soon as the water is back up I will use my new home ramp( 8 houses away) to launch, then keep her back in my slip. I usually sail more in the winter here (better wind and no lake traffic) so I hope the lake levels come back up soon!

tjar

Aug 8, 2011
Hunter Legend 35.5 Tacoma, WA
Took Alibi out Saturday for a sail in what was supposed to be partly sunny and 50 degrees, with 6-8 kts of wind. Turned out to be overcast and only 45 degrees, with zero wind. But the engine works and the furnace kept the admiral warm, so it was still a good day on the water.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Headed to the Endeavour in Florida around the 1st of the year. Need to do some work and hope to have her in the water around the 1st of Feb.. This will probably be our last try for the Bahamas. I'll be 75 and getting to old to make the 2200 mile trip and so forth so will be putting her up for sale later in the spring.

We are really looking forward to hopefully getting back to the Bahamas. This would be my second visit and Dottie's first. Will spend about 3 months on the boat if all works out. Will be keeping the Mac a while longer so we won't quite be done with this yet,

Sumner
========================================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Today, I sailed out to the garage and spent an hour and a half putting the chains on the MF tractor! (Of course you all know that means Massey Furgeson tractor.) Tomorrow I'll dock to the snow plow. However, I do like the idea of these quick posts.
Last night I hooked up the plow to make sure all the hydraulics worked-damn A valve is sticking so I have some work to do on the plow....

Attachments

Nov 8, 2007
Hunter 27_75-84 Sandusky Harbor Marina, Ohio
Lake Michigan is the only Great Lake we have not cruised. So I sent our application to charter in Green Bay this summer today.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
According to the radar, it snowed at @Sailavie1 's where the boats are lying in wait. We had freezing rain this morning, which is not, unfortunately, an indication that spring is on the way.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Now your are “bilge” skilled... We should meet up and you can guide me assist me with the process of cleaning the Bilge... It would be an interesting adventure. The bilge is 4 plus feet deep.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
Sailing club Cruising Committee was tonight to plan next years cruising schedule. Summer's coming!

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Spent a few hours changing out my sanitation hoses again. This time I ignored our local suppliers and bought Sani Flex hoses (Thanks Peggy). The old ones permeated within a year. The boat just needs a few more hours to put it back together. I also added a level sensor, new maserator, new vacuum break, and rebedded the pumpout fitting.

Then for an engine compartment cleaning, oil change, and general cleaning. This must be a low maintenance boat.

Ken