What is this doo-dad?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I would have pegged you for a theosopher but you said "nothing whatever do with sanitation". So, now I'm guessing skiing, from your jacket and dark glasses. That or mountaineer or Winter outdoor barbequer? Just about anything but crochet.
Am I close? - Will (Dragonfly)
Not TOO far off....I've never knitted or crocheted. I've skied since I was 10--even raced in my 20s & 30s (club racing and NASTAR), but that jacket is a Douglas Gill winter foulie I bought at the Annapolis sailboat show. a couple of years ago. No mountaineering...I like going DOWN a mountain, not up one! But I play tennis--mostly doubles now--and I work out 3x week at the gym. I played golf in my 30s, but gave it up 'cuz it takes too long and costs too much. I play scrabble, words with friends and Trivial Pursuit... and I'm pretty decent bridge player. I also love to cook....and yes, I can use my 4-burner gas Weber all year long 'cuz it lives on my covered back porch right outside the kitchen door, and I do--roasts, lamb racks, chicken and the occasional steak too...most vegetables and some fruits (grilled pineapple, peaches and nectarines are wonderful, especially with roast pork or chicken.)
And that's prob'ly a LOT more about me than any of you wanted to know!

A social scientist would have a field day with this forum....
Ain't that the truth! And so would a psychiatrist!

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
you people know nothing, it's a frazmastat. You tighten it to regulate the muffler bearing. sheeesh.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I also love to cook....and yes, I can use my 4-burner gas Weber all year long 'cuz it lives on my covered back porch right outside the kitchen door, and I do--roasts, lamb racks, chicken and the occasional steak too...most vegetables and some fruits (grilled pineapple, peaches and nectarines are wonderful, especially with roast pork or chicken.)
I think your covered back porch is my next stop on the way home from Mexico.
I cook on my grill all year round only my deck isn't covered. I have to keep it shoveled and cook in Sorrels and a parka. Ribeye, short ribs, bbq pork ribs and chicken, lots of salmon, asparagus, and corn on the cob wrapped in foil pan with beer.

it's a frazmastat.
Let's hope it's a Weeblocken and not a Frazmastat. Weeblocken is good, Frazmastat causes congestion.
http://www.john-shirley.com/blog/?p=1835

The actual name of the part posted by the OP is a mini or micro c-clamp.
- Will (Dragonfly)