What are these doodads?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Do the "feet" on the round thingy fit over or inside the "feet" on the oval gizmo...do the holes line up? If so, they're two pieces of a single doodad...the wire is just keeping 'em together during storage. Even if it is, I don't have a clue what it is either.
Just saw your other thingamabob...you seem to have quite a collection of strange antique stuff.

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
These are very important pieces of your boat. Do not throw them out, return them to their rightful place in the bottom of the tool box.

If you should fail to heed my advice and toss them in the trash, you will learn their importance and lack of availability immediately after the trash collector picks up the trash. Then you'll be SOL.

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
The black things look like spar ends or attachments.
The lever might be a headstay release.
The thing on the cable is a tensioner.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I'm thinking they could be mounting hardware for some engine related equipment like a refer compressor or a large alternator, without the mounting holes yet drilled.
Unless to have a steel boat, they are definitely not for on deck use. Do you have an overhead in an engine room where these could be mounted to affix a block and tackle to lift the engine or generator?

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Given that they are iron I'm thinking they are for below deck or some sort of jig to do something only infrequently either above or below deck.
How big are they? A ruler in the pictures or something like a dollar bill etc would help set the scale (and is a good general practice when posting "weird stuff")

Oct 8, 2016
O'DAY 22 East End Yacht Club
They may not be related to the boat at all or maybe they were planned to be used on a Trailer. I'm not going to say for sure but I feel like I've seen these in the past somewhere. They can serve as attachment points to any thing the "pads" are welded to.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
They could be just flotsam that appeared on or near the boat and the PO thought. 'Wow those are cool. I bet they would come in handy on the boat.' Of course they didn't and were safely stored in the tool box for the moment that they would become a needed item.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Ladder feet? They swivel for different angles to the ground. Definitely wouldn't use them on a boat, maybe a tugboat.
- Will (Dragonfly)