Wednesday is photo day!

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Not in the same topic, I snapped a pic last week at my favorite lunch spot. It is unusual to have three ships in the anchorage here in the north end of Penobscot Bay......At night I could see their lights from our house in Belfast.
TANKERS.jpg

Oct 25, 2011
Island Packet IP31 Lake St. Louis, Montreal
Over the Christmas Holidays we were anchored of Fort McRee near Pensacola. I was sitting in the cockpit minding my own business, reading my book when I was startled by a giant splash, like a bad of bricks hitting the water. I turned only to see a Pelican, nonchalant as you please, sitting in the center of a spreading circle of ripples.

A day later we took a photo of one of his cousins.
DSC_6943.JPG

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
"Look at that guy crow! He's raven' mad. If he gets together with those other two, I'm afraid there's gonna be a murder."

- Will (Dragonfly)
That’s actually better than “Attempted Murder.” I didn’t think it was possible!

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
White pelicans are dippers. You will see a flock of them swimming along and dipping their heads underwater at the same time. It's their way to catch breakfast. The Brown pelicans are dive bombers. From about 10-15 feet up, they will fold their wings and dive into the water. Successful Browns will tilt their heads back to wiggle breakfast into their stomachs. I've seen both kinds during the winter at Rockport, Texas.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Ron. Man that is a blast from the past. Saturday morning cartoons.