Update on Five Month Voyage

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The expense is taking the fix provided by the VOR boat, determine drift and then go find that dog out there in the great Pacific. Divert a DDG or CG frigate, some extra gunnery practice is a good thing. But the expense...that should be rolled up into a judgment levied against those two coo-coo birds on the off chance that they would contemplate another stunt like this. The rescue was on the taxpayer, cleaning up your mess is on you. They could have scuttled the boat when they stepped off.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Must be a gov't buying mass quantities? Usually about $10.00/round for us individuals.
Government operates the armory and gets the preferred price, excess capacity can be sold to civilians as the market bears. That is why the cost and availability of .223 rounds was off during OIF.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Maybe the local control in San Carlos (cartels) add a tax. Would think any Big Box store in AZ could support your need.
Last time I was visiting a small AZ town I met a local cowboy with his 6 shooter on his belt. Told me it was not one of those toys shooting blanks.. Chocked it up to an AZ thing.
You know, down there, those things use to be considered an essential tool. You know, killing snakes, coyotes, snake oil salesmen, lawyers, coyotes.:shhh: OH! did I say that?

-Will (Dragonfly)

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I believe the owners of these derelict vessels should pay to have them dealt with.
Perhaps all vessel owners, internationally. Upon registration, we owners would pay a bond or purchase a one time fee insurance policy for removal, should it become a derelict in the mud in Fla, in a marina somewhere, on a reef in the islands or at sea.
It sure would help the states clean up after a hurricane. It probably wouldn't be expensive, considering the number of vessel that would never use it.
If we want to care for the environment, then we all have to do our small part, even if we don't think WE will ever be responsible for this sort of pollution.