TV in Catalina 310

Mar 16, 2018
Catalina 310 202 Carlyle, IL
Aloha, I recently acquired a Catalina 310 and want to install a T.V. There is a TV power switch on my electrical panel, but I don't know where that provides the power to. Also, I've seen a swivel mount in other 310s for the T.V. Is there a Catalina OEM mount?

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I don't know the answer for sure but Catalina direct is a good place to start.

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
If it's a regular house current tv, look for a 120v outlet. If the tv switch is on you shore power panel that would be a hint. If the switch is on your 12 volt panel, then it might be rigged to an inverter. Or it could be set up for a 12 volt tv. If you're only going to watch when you're tied up at a dock.... just install a regular 120 tv and plug in to an appropriate socket. Anything more than that will require more equipment. If you're jonesing to watch movies when not plugged in to shore power... most folks use the laptop now for that.
In any event, start at the panel and follow the wires.... they should be tagged if properly installed.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Most small 19" TVs can be set up for either 120 or 12 volt. I just changed mine from 120 (thru an inverter) to 12V to conserve battery power and it was simple...just need to have power and a cord. There is a swivel mount for tv that i thought was standard so you can watch in the salon or in bed.
bob

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
If I remember correctly, the tv breaker is 12v. My boat didn't come with the optional swivel mount with tv, so I ended up using the tv breaker for a cabin fan. I did mount a tv with built in DVD player on the aft port bulkhead of the saloon. This location works for us, since the tv is visible from the settees and the master berth. The tv is 120v and plugs in to the receptacle just above the storage cabinet on the port side of the saloon. We can run it at anchor by plugging in a small inverter to a 12v receptacle I installed under the port settee.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Flyorsail, Welcome to the 310 Owners, We hope you enjoy your new boat as much as we have learned to love ours! Please join our Catalina 310 IA and get your BOATUS discount and Mainsheet magazine.
Welcome Aboard!