Traveller car broken

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Traveller car broken need to replace - size of traveller?
Uh.... can you tell the make of the car? Figure that out and then do a simple google search. Or .... search "traveler cars" and find a match. I search "Hunter 23.5 and couldn't find a picture of a boat that even had a traveler... just a center cockpit mounted mainsheet block.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Joe, lets wait till the poster files a photo first. Then I am going to ask a few more questions as I am too familiar with that boat. have sent a private message requesting this information to be posted on this site. I am too familiar with the 23.5

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Since you have to remove the track in any case, consider an improvement like the one shown in the Owner Mods section of the Hunter 23, the one about traveler mod by Peter Suah. I did that and it makes the traveler a lot easier to adjust under sail. I suspect you'd still need to replace the broken car, the mod just adds the ability to pull the car back and forth when under load.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@isaksp00
Lets wait till the poster gets back with the photos and most importantly the interior ceiling in the rear berth. Construction was a little different. Thanks partner