Topic Specific Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
Please consider my humble appeal to fellow members of this forum to keep their topics specific to the Catalina 309.

I think there's a great value to topic specific sites, and they tend to lose that value as they turn to generalized topics.

I highly recommend Sailnet.com for general sailing issues.

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Please consider my humble appeal to fellow members of this forum to keep their topics specific to the Catalina 309.

I think there's a great value to topic specific sites, and they tend to lose that value as they turn to generalized topics.

I highly recommend Sailnet.com for general sailing issues.
No ..................... I highly recommend SailboatOwners.com for all general sailing issues, which is where you are right now :naughty:.

I believe you meant to say that posters should keep their comments germane to the site in which they are posting on SailboatOwners.com

Sep 29, 2008
Catalina 310 #185 Quantico
WTFO

I see the last 5 topics right under yours are:

1. Dock Lines (for a 309)
2. Anchor Chain (for a 309)
3. Last 309; Catalina Parts
4. C309 with a 309 mast
5. C309 Sea Trial.

Seems this forum stays on topic to a fault. What am I missing?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
While sailnet has some good material, lots of it seems to have been discussed here, too, or maybe even first.

The myriad "topics" drives me nuts.

I really like this forum: post a topic, click on "Show all posts..." and you're there. Just means you need to read it daily, but it's always fun here. I like it more than sailnet, much more.

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
re: Ralph Johnstone...sailboatowners.com....oops, my bad.:redface:

re:rpwillia
The first two posts are not 309 specific. If I pass on my recipe for the bbq sauce that I prepare on a 309 does it become 309 specific? Most boats use docklines, and there is nothing unique to how a 309 uses them.

Ditto for anchor chain. It pertains to any boat of remotely similar size.

But, do what you want to do. I just asked that you consider the value of remaining site specific. Siamese....out.

Status
Not open for further replies.