Technology is getting overly creepy

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
invisible forces without a lot of noise and smoke!
The report goes on to say...
"The Captain only uses the dynamic mechanical device as a last resort, but the Captain was working on a new inductive energy engine!"
The Captain claims that just the flexible black sheets and a new propeller spinning device will Induct Atmospheric Energy to run his new engine. Little noise and no smoke.:poke:

This reporter doubts this new assertion, since this reporter knows that the Government will confiscate the Captains new invention to protect big business interests.
Jim...

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
You can't run a boat on invisible forces without a lot of noise and smoke! Ba, humbug! :poke:
Wow. So many holes in that statement. First of all, smoke is not invisible. Second of all, wind is invisible. Isn’t that the force we run our boats on? And you call yourself a scientist! Ba!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Agree with proximity, I walk in a restaurant, phone asks me if I know what to order there. That doesn't explain the truck tent thiugh.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Tesla's black box = Dr. Emmett Brown's Flux Capacitor.

And, we all know that it is smoke that makes electronics work. Transistors and resistors and the such would fail once the smoke escapes. Pure and simple.

Feb 2, 2006
Hunter Legend 35 Kingston
The report has merit, but it is talking about something entirely different from having your phone do stuff when it's off or has the battery out.

Read the articles carefully. a) the phones where NOT off. b) turning off location services prevents apps from knowing about your phones location, but c) cell towers and cell companies still know where your phone is because it's still on and they HAVE to know which towers you are connected to ... when your phone is still on., and d) Google did get caught sending a small bit of data to help improve PUSH notifications to apps. The (stated) intended purpose was legitimate, which would improved how accurately and timely apps could receive PUSH notifications. I work as a developer, using both Apple and Google push notifications, and know first hand that they are not as reliable or prompt as I would like them to be. Google knows this too, and is trying to improve them. They have apparently abandoned this approach. Was it a bad decision on their part (given concerns about privacy) ... sure, was it a good decision from a technical point of view ... sure it would have improved a KEY technology used by 1000's apps, was it done with malicious intent ... probably not, was it ever used to target advertising? probably not. They claim they were not storing the information, and they abandoned the approach.

Chris

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
I just upgraded my phone on Verizon. A couple of days layer it popped up a message that said "we noticed that you go to bed at 10:51 each night. Would you like a reminder?". Skynet is here. I can't take out the battery. I need to go back and talk with them.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Glenn Beck has a book called The Overton Window. The Overton Window is a concept in advertising or Sociology regarding ideas and customs that are normal, where they start to get a little uncomfortable and where they become outrageous and unacceptable. By pushing behavior into the uncomfortable zone and exposing us to practices and ideas, we would normally be apauld by, through the use of examples and terms that make them presentable, such as, to better tailor advertising to your tastes or to improve convenience and function by having "we" notice your habits and offer a service to help, "they" are able to move normalized, comfortable, social concepts towards the outrageous and unacceptable.
This is something that happens naturally, but it can also be manipulated. By the time society sees what is happening, if they even notice the movement at all, it has already happened and any objections to it become what is unreasonable and unacceptable. Another word for it is inculturation.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
... No one, could have judge whether or not Tesla's experiments were dangerous, yet, despite his obvious genius and history of success, he was shut down....
...While I know he had OCD. I don't know about any evidence of lunacy or irresponsible disregard for safety.
I agree that he was brilliant. I agree that he had many successes. I even support the contention that his work was very beneficial in many ways. I stand by my assertion that he was also a dangerous lunatic, based on a study of his work that I did about 20 years ago. My research was prompted by learning of damage that his experiments had done to buildings in my old neighborhood in NYC. He did quite a bit of work in quite a few fields. It is my opinion that he was a bit reckless in the way that he chose to move forward. This will give you a taste of the scope of his work - https://teslaresearch.jimdo.com/oscilators/mechanical-oscilator/

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Creepy #2
Neither my wife nor myself texted, googled, posted nor mentioned anything about the "Chicken Bones" other than conversations among ourselves.. We only talked about them while in the store and while walking around the "Old City". That evening, before we'd even headed out for dinner, an ad for Chicken Bones shows up on my Facebook feed............???? WTF! They only way this could happen is coincidence, yeah right, or someone is using the mic on our phones to spy on us..... FREAKING CREEPY!!!!
A similar thing just happened to me. The other day, I was using a metal detector in an attempt to locate some plumbing hardware in the back yard. My Android phone was sitting on a picnic table near by. About half an hour later, I went to google up some plumbing info, & in the margin I saw an ad for a metal detector. The metal detector that I used was purchased at a Harbor Freight that is over a thousand miles away, about 10 years ago & paid for with cash. There should be no record of me even having an interest in metal detectors. Apparently the sounds of the beeps from the detector got picked up by the phone????? If that is true, then the level of surveillance is pretty sophisticated.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Apparently the sounds of the beeps from the detector got picked up by the phone????? If that is true, then the level of surveillance is pretty sophisticated.
We are far more concerned about marketing to improve our bottom lines than we are about saving our bottoms.

- Will (Dragonfly)

edited by SBO Police Bot

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
Seems you could easily do an experiment.. Say the name of some product you have never purchased or will never have a need for around your phone a few times. Then see if that product shows up in ads.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Seems you could easily do an experiment.. Say the name of some product you have never purchased or will never have a need for around your phone a few times. Then see if that product shows up in ads.
Even better. Be the company that gets paid everytime one of those ads shows up.

- Will (Dragonfly)