Stuck CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brad Cavedo

We have a P 42 with a JVC CD player. A CD is in the player and it will not eject. Anyone had this problem and fixed it?

L

Les

Disk

Brad, I don't know about JVC but every CD player I've ever seen had a manual release. Probably buried in the instructions. On several of mine it is a tiny hole next to the drawer where you insert a straightened out paperclip. It trips something inside the unit and the tray just slides out. Yours might be different, but then again. Good luck. Les

M

Mark Johnson

On that subject...

I too have the JVC CD player on my boat. Playing one CD at a time is a pain in the a....ss. Is there a CD changer that can be added to that unit? MPJ

B

Barry

Check the manual, believe it says .........

I have a JVC unit in my car that suffered from the same problem. I hit the eject button and it said "no disk" . I was unable to load a disk in the unit (because there was already one in there) I hit the play button and it wouldn't go. Eventually I fould the manual and it said to push and hold the power on (I think it was power on) button at the same time you push eject. This made ot go through the eject motion even thought it thought that it did not have a disk in it. BINGO - the disk came out and it hasn't missed a beat in the last six months. Check the manual if you have one. Barry

D

Dakota Jim Russell

CD Deck

Have a 10 (or 12) CD deck in my boat. After a great 98, it decided to half load a CD. Pulled the unit and took it apart. It wouldn't come out no matter what I could do short of a hammer. Shipped unit back to local repair shop which returns it in 3 days @ $50 with the CDs removed and everything working . . . but. Play then played all songs except for the last two on CD correctly. Last two would skip. Shipped unit back. Repair shop wanted $150, but "store" discussed the matter with them and there was no additional fee. Works fine now. In defense of them, they may have inadvertently set the unit up as playing vertically rather than horizontally. Morale of the story: ship unit in for repair, don't pay until fully satisfied it is fixed (yep, I paid via Visa, but I could have protested), and enjoy the rest of the summer. I am considering pulling the unit for winter storage in a warm spot, or heating it well with a hair dryer before use in the spring. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.