Stop thief!

Mar 20, 2004
Hunter 356 and 216 Portland, ME
We were at a very nice harbor in Maine, where launch service ended at 9. Since were were all (10 boats) eating at the restaurant we dinghyed to the dock;one of our boats had a brand new inflatable stolen off the dock, never found.
During winter storage at my former marina in Portland, 29 boats were broken into;since I routinely stripped Escape of anything of value, nothing was stolen but they kicked in my companionway boards. Powerboats had major damage,especially those with large glass doors to the aft cockpit... A friend of mine was working on his boat the next day; I asked him how bad he got hit - he said he was happy - they stole his old $70 tv and left behind a brand new, still in box, receipt taped on top, chartplotter on his dinette table.Obviously druggies looking for a quick cash fix.
I'm in a different marina but I also installed a siren marine monitoring system - it's great!

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT
I have not, Larry. I found that on the web, it's a good one. How much use are you getting out of your drone?
Not much at all, unfortunately. It's a fun toy but I'm unable to fly enough during the winter season. My home is close to an airport, so I need to take it somewhere else. Most parks have ordinances against drones, and I wouldn't fly from private property (or let the drone linger near any single property) without owner permission. The only place I fly currently is the boatyard (with permission) in settled weather during warmer days, or from a dead-end street that terminates at water's edge. I fly it out over the water to avoid bothering anyone. My masthead has been visually inspected very well :)
I think drones only make sense for someone who travels or lives in a rural area where they have a place to fly without bothering others.
Edit: PS - I like to fly from anchorages where it's allowed, but haven't taken any shots under sail because I'm not confident about making a successful boat landing while underway or drifting.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
Pearson P303 #221 RockPort Maine
Just purchased a GoPro 7 Black and was going to buy a Dog Drone but the company went under...lol

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Well you can make the best of it... Go to the animal shelter... adopt a dog.... and strap the go pro to the dog's collar.
You got a "Dog Drone".:laugh:
:poke:

Dec 14, 2018
Ericson/ Hunter Ericson 29 / Hunter 376 Pensacola, FL
We had a rash of two cycle fuel theft, a friend filled his outboard remote tank with straight high test, that ended the thieves need for fuel. Probably kids.