Steaming light bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Rutland

I need to go up the mast and replace the steaming light bulb. Does anyone know what type of bulb it takes? I have checked the breaker and yes it is getting power. The light quit working after taking several hard slaps from the jib halyard durring a storm. Thanks, Bob

J

Jeff

Bulb

I have a 28.5 and it has a Perko light model 1331DP which takes a Perko FIG-71 bulb which costs about $4.50 for a two pack. You will probably also want to replace the lens which no doubt is clouded up by now and that is another $8.00 dependent on who you get it from. Boat US has the best prices on these two items. Now the fun part with the Perko is that you will need to unscrew two long bolts to remove the light from the mast. Then you will need to remove the bracket from the light. Then you will need to unscrew two small screws that alows you to remove the chrome metal top so you can get to the bulb. Don't lose the screws or top. This will be a lot of fun swinging from a bosun's chair. I am going through the same problem right now and have opted to get a new light. I've ordered an Aqua Signal 25, 20 pt, for $11.30 ( used JSI on line catalog for a best price) and the bracket for $7.95, using Defender for a best price. I think it is a superior light and now all of my navigation lights use the same bulb. I don't know if you have the Perko but they are pictured in the West catalog so you should be able to eyeball it. Good luck.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Think they are all the same.

Bob: Not sure but think that the bulb in the running lights and the steaming lights are all the same. If you find the ones on the bow light or the stern they are the same as the same. I would bet that yours is just not making contact. Take one of the ones that work out of your bow or stern up the stick with you.

E

Eric Steege

Wiring short?

I found out that my steaming light is not working because of a wiring screw-up when the mast was stepped. Just thought all should consider alternative reasons why the light might not be working. Eric Steege Perfect Union, '84 Hunter 31 Bayport Marina, Bayport, MN

Status
Not open for further replies.