Spring sailing break

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
We're at least getting a couple days of spring. near 70* temps left no reason not to take our little "Aye Pod" (Vagabond 17) to the lake yesterday. man are we glad summer is close at hand. in fact when we close our eyes it IS summer.... for a couple more days anyway. we were sitting' on top of the world ;)

UPAIR_PHOTO_0024.jpg

Jennifer is obviously slower to "acclimate" :laugh:
P1060005.jpg P1060007.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Jennifer is obviously slower to "acclimate" :laugh:
That is because you are serving her refried beans while she is sitting on the port-a-potty... :ass:
You are a bad man Russ.:kick:
Love the image... New Drone?:poke:

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
The lake we sailed at yesterday is Lost Creek Lake. we go there a lot in the off season because it's much lower elevation, and therefor warmer etc. not nearly as good sailing as our preferred lake (Howard Prairie) but does have a lot of hiking trails and other things we do really like about it. likely still quite a bit of snow around Howard Prairie right now. There are ~ 10-12 sailboats moored at the one marina at Lost Creek, but if we see even one other sailboat out when we are, it's a treat for us. never figured that one out :banghead:. Lots of sailboats out on the lake at HP every day of the week however, so that's nice, later when the season really begins.
Chilly dogs.... jsailem. best meal onboard ever ;) . Yes, new drone. just an (relatively) inexpensive one, but seems to do the job pretty well. I didn't go for the full monty drone for good reason, and I came SO close to proving the concept yesterday. the battery got low enough to trigger the "return to land", and it took over the controls to do so. the trouble was, the "land" ( a floating dock mid lake) had moved slightly since taking off :yikes: . she was throwing spray off the props (literally!) by the time I was able to figure out how to cancel and regain control.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It can get exciting when you are trying to fly and not crash.