Small side windows / perspex H260

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
On my boat the small perspex panels / windows look like they have cracked bulged due too heat from sun.
Has anybody found these or replaced them .
They are on the Starboard side so are decorative.
Max

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I believe you can order new ones from this site.

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter Legend 260 Epidavros
On my boat the small perspex panels / windows look like they have cracked bulged due too heat from sun.
Has anybody found these or replaced them .
They are on the Starboard side so are decorative.
Max
I'm really amazed this has happened to your dummy windows. My H260 has lived in Greece/Europe since 2002 with ambient summer temperatures that can be well over 45c (110f) plus whatever from the direct sunlight, all this with no signs of a problem.
Do you get greater temps than this in your part of the world, or has the material quality been altered do you think?

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Haven’t noticed any bulging/cracking in exterior glass on ours. There is however some lighter colour now showing through whatever black material is behind them has now cracked and shows the material behind that.

I think the outer glass is likely just off the shelf Lexan or acrylic that could be shaped using standard tools.

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
I think you are right in that its standard lexan . I dont want to buy a sheet for two small ports

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 260 winnipeg, Manitoba
Have you used any cleaning products on the exterior?

Some online sites sell smaller sizes/partial sheets. A number of Winnipeg brick and mortar locations will sell partial sheets as well if they happen to have in stock. Perhaps it’s the same in Calgary? Think it’s the same colour as the companionway panels - believe it’s
2074 smokey grey

- random site - google search for “2074 smokey grey”

https://www.estreetplastics.com/grey-smoked-transparent-plexiglass-acrylic-sheets-s/273.htm

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Last year repaired a couple of boats with your problem. I was able on one to turn them over with a little sanding of edges and re install with Dow Corning 795. The other was replaced using a small unused piece of scrap from a marine yard. Suggest looking in that direction

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
Thanks for the info guys . This site is always a real help.
I should change my name as I moved to Nanaimo.