Shaefer rf top swivel "drum."

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
Recently could not unfurl rf. Pulled jenny down and found top swivel full of
bird poo causing bearings to "freeze" Wondered why they didn't provide cover
to prevent problem. Took measurements and had 1/4' vinyl circle cut down middle
and will install next time up at boat. Anyone else had this problem and solution?

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
It might be open to allow rain water to flush the bearings. You might want to contact Schaefer before you cover the bearings. They are located in Fall River, MA.

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
You probably don't get the rain needed to flush the swivel. I'd be interested in the reply.

All U Get

Clydo

May 28, 2013
Catalina C310 SF Bay/Delta
It might be open to allow rain water to flush the bearings. You might want to contact Schaefer before you cover the bearings. They are located in Fall River, MA.
You probably don't get the rain needed to flush the swivel. I'd be interested in the reply.

All U Get

Called Shaefer today. They said no problem with using thin cover over top. Said with boats in NorthEast
pulled six months out of year no problem but could see happen with boats in water year round. Also suggested
dab of silicone around top of rim. I have already had one made by Tap Plastics 1/8th thick hole in middle
and cut in half so could join around foil. The also confirmed have hole in middle large enough so won't interfere
with foil rotation.

Clyde Thorington
C310 # 245
ILEAN TOO
San Jose, CA