Ross!! I Am Calling You Out!!!! Cook-off!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Enufff Awredddy!!!!

220 posts to one thread are at LEAST120 posts too many!! By continuing a single thread, you've pretty much destroyed it as a potential cookbook..'cuz there's no organization any more...zee and ross have simply unloaded their everything in their bragging rights satchel--casseroles, grilled meats, vegetalbles, stews, etc etc etc ad nauseum!-- onto the board in a game of "Top thisi if you can."

If you'd really wanted to do it right, you'd have asked Phil to create a new "meal time" forum...."veggies," "meats," "stews," "casseroles," "breads," etc etc etc etc.

So..Get yourselves organized to do it right or GIVE IT A REST AWREDDY!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

OMG I feel SO much better now!!!

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
love ye peggy--i was just relating that which i was eating that day as i cooked it.... not bragging--- i cook kinda cheep and easy stuff-- winter stuff and 0ne pot stuff. snacks gone out of control into dinners,
i only use one burner of my stove,no fridge, and i am on board all the time so i figgered were boat foods.. and i love ross's ideas and suggestions--

mebbe should rename it the ADD thread of cookery and semi-related stuff.
but then i wouldnt have a good name for my next wild hair/hare..;)

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
AAWW Peggie, you could chime in here with constructive reorganization of the recipe types. I know that you can cook well and that you do.

Ross

Jun 15, 2004
Islander/Wayfairer 30 sail number 25 Perryville,Md.
How completely thoughtless of us. We have been encouraging good cooking and eating on our boats and we haven't considered the consequences. In order to be able to cook you need a galley. The galley takes up a lot of space and and adds considerable complexity to the boat. On top of that (as if that weren't enough) if people eat they have a need for the head. That also adds complexity and weight to the boat and takes some space.
Therefore if people didn't eat on their boats they could save a lot of money and time and have room on their boats for more people. Oh,But wait if we didn't need to have a head on the boat we wouldn't have problems that Peggie solves for us and she would be out of her job. Oh What to do?

Jul 28, 2010
Boston Whaler Montauk New Orleans
If you'd really wanted to do it right, you'd have asked Phil to create a new "meal time" forum...."veggies," "meats," "stews," "casseroles," "breads," etc etc etc etc.
Peggy, I've asked for that TWICE now, once in response to one of your posts, I believe, on this thread. You have your own thread as an "expert." Can't you pull strings?

You don't even have to set up different categories. Posters can start a new thread and title it how they want. We do have a search option on this site, don't we? Maybe third time the charm.

As I said before, on another forum I visit, they've done a "recipes" forum, on which anyone can start a thread. Sometimes there is just 1 post on a thread - a recipe. Sometimes there is discussion. I had to grill a pork loin for Thanksgiving one year and asked for advice. Got excellent response, and it turned out wonderfully.
Sometimes when someone posts a recipe for, say, gumbo, others respond on that thread with their versions, tricks, and tips, or the fact that they tried it and it was awesome. I love it. You can even search the forum for particular foods.

It got so popular, the forum owner invited all posters contribute recipes to a cookbook. That was even more popular, and he started a second edition. Don't know if that one's completed yet.

Any administrators out there?? Just set up a "Recipes" forum.

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
We had a forum for grog & food prior to the major upgrade on the website a few years back. It was exactly for the purpose of sharing recipies.

I would guess that Phil still has that data stored in his back pocket.

Regardless, I also vote to get on with something a little more productive. (i say this as I add #227, yuck)

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
We had a forum for grog & food prior to the major upgrade on the website a few years back. It was exactly for the purpose of sharing recipies.

I would guess that Phil still has that data stored in his back pocket.

Regardless, I also vote to get on with something a little more productive. (i say this as I add #227, yuck)

dear admins..please... we ask of you. make a recipes section for us to play with--- thankyou kind sir...

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
ty peggy----we have hit 230--i started another one-- lets let this one change over gracefully!
is a good looking turkey and should get a lot of attention!!

Feb 7, 2010
macgregor 25 Beaver lake, Rogers Arkansas
OK guys, it's time for a really quick soup that eats like you slaved for hours over a hot soup pot.

Vegetable beef soup is the nom de fare tonight so here goes:

Brown a couple of pounds of stew meat (beef) in EVOO and BUTTER till brown
Add a Large chopped onion, garlic (as much as you want), cracked black pepper, salt to taste, 4 or 5 diced stalks of celery and one can of Campbell’s French Onion Soup - cook all this slowly covered until the meat starts to get tender:

At this point add a large can of diced tomato's (Give me a break, I'm single and cook the easy way) a LARGE package of frozen mixed veggies (stew cut if you can find them) WITHOUT POTATOES (I'll explain later why) and a 40 oz can of DEL MONTE tomato juice and a couple of cups of water to thin

You are almost finished - the LAST thing to add is a whole medium size head of chopped green cabbage. This looks like a massive amount at first but trust me, it will cook way down.

Let soup simmer for a couple of hours. Eat with mexican cornbread.

Now why no potato's - They DON'T freeze well in this soup - if you want to add some, boil some diced red potato's and add to your bowl of soup

Enjoy. If you have any left, freezes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.