RF main on 2010 B40

May 1, 2019
Beneteau 40 Gig Harbor, WA
Greetings - new to this group. Just purchased my boat and a couple ?s on the RF main. I need to replace the outhaul and cannot find any resources about the size and length of line to purchase for the outhaul. Help on this point?

Also, there is a bit of bend in the mast and I have heard that is a no-no with the RF main set-up. Is there general agreement around this point and if so, is the mast bend addressed just by the turnbuckles on the back stays? Thanks for any insights here!

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
Also, there is a bit of bend in the mast and I have heard that is a no-no with the RF main set-up. Is there general agreement around this point and if so, is the mast bend addressed just by the turnbuckles on the back stays? Thanks for any insights here!
A couple of inches of pre-bend may be ok. Ours has about 2-3" and works fine. You may want to try furling a few times once you have the outhaul squared away and see whether there is excess friction before you change the bend. The bend can be induced by the backstays or by the upper shrouds, so it may take a combination of both to tune, and after that you may need to readjust the other shrouds and diagonals to match.