Replace Barlow 15s with ?

Jul 13, 2015
Catalina 22 #2552 2252 Kennewick, WA
don't you dare un hi-jack my thread: enjoying every moment of this :)

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
Yes, but heeling is fun and looks cool in pictures. :)
It is also fun for children as well. Last summer my son wanted to touch the water with his feet and to impress his friend on his first trip. So I obliged and doused him from feet to waist while his friend headed for the high side with eyes as wide as the moon thinking we were going to tip! Guess I should have seen that wave before I did it (oh wait I did):). I washed him from the bow to the first stanchion and when I eased the sheets he was left hanging onto the lifeline. Once back on board that kid had a story to tell. Now he cant wait to go again this year!

This was taken a bit before I saw the wave:
IMG_1873.JPG

In my younger years we would play a game on various boats with heeling. Have you ever noticed how the head is always to one side of the boat? Well if you could knock someone off the pot (or in case of a larger vessel out of the head entirely) you won! It was a silly game but made for some fun adventures when out for a day and had us installing a rope to lean against while standing to take care of a brief visit.

Jun 21, 2011
Catalina 22 MKII Scarborough, Ontario
Don, on my similarly configured boat I found last year that the sheet was starting to slip out of the jam cleat, probably due to the cumulative effects of weather extremes on the jam cleat material. Have you experienced this problem, and if so have you found a solution?
I have been considering substituting cam cleats, or alternatively fitting Barton Wenchers on the winches. Hope you can suggest a simple solution. Chris