Rear seal leak ment and has gotten worse and

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Have had a rear oil leak over year now and finally decided it is coming from
the rear engine seal and noticed there is 2 holes on right and left lower part of bell housing and for sure coming out those holes and splattering all over the rear engine compart and decided the repair it by pulling the tranny.
Lots of things to take apart so can slide the engine forward and clearance to pull the tranny out.
Photo’s to follow and so far slide engine forward and tied it from sliding back and tranny out and need to remove the fly wheel and than replace seal.
Nick

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Almost there and will order a tranny seal on Monday,not taking any chances and may have added some small amounts of tranny oil so while everything is apart add a new tranny seal too.
The rear seal is out and so is the tranny seal.

Attachments

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
For about a year I have been checking looking cleaning down the engine to see for sure where the leak was coming from and about week ago I could see that oil was coming out the 2 holes on bottom of bell housing and looking in the holes up top was oil and would cleaning and than run engine for about a hour and see oil dripping out the bottom holes again.
When I unbolted the tranny a large amount of oil dropped out from inside the bell housing.
Nick