Raymarine Compatibility Question

Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
I recently purchased a new (to me) boat that has a Raymarine E140 Wide Screen MFD in the pilot house. I know this has been discontinued. I want to install a second MFD in the cockpit and was thinking of getting another E140 W on Ebay. I also know that the new Axiom units are not compatible with the E 140W. Another option "I Think" is to get an ES series MFD (running Lighthouse software) that would give me WiFi capability. Does anyone know if the ES MFD (Lighthouse) is compatible with the E 140 W over the NG seatalk network?

Thanks
Marc

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I recently purchased a new (to me) boat that has a Raymarine E140 Wide Screen MFD in the pilot house. I know this has been discontinued. I want to install a second MFD in the cockpit and was thinking of getting another E140 W on Ebay. I also know that the new Axiom units are not compatible with the E 140W. Another option "I Think" is to get an ES series MFD (running Lighthouse software) that would give me WiFi capability. Does anyone know if the ES MFD (Lighthouse) is compatible with the E 140 W over the NG seatalk network?

Thanks
Marc
Hi Mark:
I have had good response from Raymarine tech support. Haven't used them in a few years though.
Rick

Feb 2, 2010
Island Packet 37 Hull #2 Harpswell Me
Tech support is the way to go. I run a E120 alongside the modern I70, . The E series is 0183 and all the new stuff is 2000, Raymarine make all the correct connections to allow it all to talk together.

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
I would call tech support on different days to cross check their answers. My experience: Old autohelm ST30 depth sounder stopped working. I called tech support and asked is thier i series was a compatible replacement. Sure they said so I bought one. As soon as I unpacked it I saw it was different. Called tech support and the guy tells me I need to buy computer module for $200 and a $100 cable. To add insult to injury I was charged a $30 restocking fee. Caveat Emptor.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Lighthouse is not the network protocol, it is the "operating system" for applicable devices on the network. A quick search of the net seems to indicate that this display is capable of being on a SeatalkNG network as a spur device. IF that's true, then yes, you can easily hook up an Axiom device, which is also a spur device on the network. You cannot connect them directly together this way, the network needs a backbone to function properly.