Registered users don't see ads

Raymarine autopilot for h410

Discussion in 'Big Boats' started by Jim D, Oct 7, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. artboas

artboas

Joined Jun 1, 2009
    972 posts, 32 likes
    Hunter 49
    ca toronto
    Agree. You never go marginal on something like this. It will wreck the drive.

2. Don Lucas

Don Lucas

Joined Jan 12, 2011
    678 posts, 14 likes
    Hunter 410
    US Salem MA
    My original type 1 drive lasted 16 years of hard work! The replacement has now sailed 2000+ miles and in seas over 20' with wind 40+ and it was just fine).
    I have a spare type 1 rotary gear drive (no gears of chain) for sale that has 2 hours on it and still has 2 years left on the warranty that I will sell for $1,000 (way below what you can find a new one for)

3. Jim D

Jim D

Joined Dec 10, 2007
    139 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 410
    US Maryland
    Yes. I can't argue that it would be more prudent to choose the type 2 drive. Cost difference is only around 300 on the drive. The core does add up but if type 1 drive can't deliver than money is not well spent. Ok than back to finding the steering gear. At boat now measuring. In Annapolis so maybe find a raymarine shop who could answer question on teeth count on steering gear.
    Journey continues.....
    Jim

4. jviss

jviss

Joined Feb 5, 2004
    1,811 posts, 102 likes
    Tartan 3800
    US Westborough Westport, MA
    If you upgrade the drive to a Type 2, you will need to upgrade the control unit to handle the load; from ACU-200 to ACU-400, for example.

Hunter strainers and filters
For engines, gensets, AC, and more.
Hunter striping decals
Striping in factory colors for most models.
Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.
Hunter gaskets for all!
Gaskets for ports, hatches, latches, speaker pods, refrigerators, freezers, more.