Pop Top Cover

Dug22

Jan 29, 2019
Catalina 22 Vincent Alabama, BSC
I was wondering if anyone had a pop top cover for a 1987 Catalina 22 they would like to sale. I called Catalina Direct and they do not sale them any more.

Aug 31, 2017
Catalina Catalina 22 Tampa
That's lame that they quit selling them. Gonna be hard to get one if that's the case.

Dug22

Jan 29, 2019
Catalina 22 Vincent Alabama, BSC
Yeah they said that the company they had making them could not get the pattern right and people kept returning them.

AaronD

Aug 10, 2014
Catalina 22 9874 Newberg, OR / Olympia, WA
Slightly off topic - we ended up buying a full cockpit tent. https://www.habitent.com/product/habitent-mistral-ns/ and sold our pop-top cover. It opens up a lot more dry living space than the pop-top cover. Our setup time is ~10-15 minutes; we'd probably be faster if we did it more than once or twice a year.

The price is comparable to what I think CD was charging for a new pop-top cover (but allow a little extra for import duty from the UK. ~$30 if I recall correctly). We've been happy with the Habitent. YMMV.

Jan 27, 2019
Catalina 22 Lexington, NC @ High Rock Lake
If anyone has the measured layout of the pop top cover, I am sure many of us would appreciate the shared information!

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
You could probably have one made by your local sailmaker for a decent price. We had a fore hatch cover made by ours; pretty good quality, only costed us $150. A pop top cover would probably run you anywhere from $300-$400.

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
they said that the company they had making them could not get the pattern right and people kept returning them.
I'd simply hire a new company. It's not rocket science.

Then again maybe it was people clueless as to how to install them ? I believe the one we have is original and it fits tight. Depending on temperature we may have to lower the pop-top a bit, to get all the snaps in place.

But... that might be tainted by my personal experiences over the last month, dealing with idiots who lack the abilities that were commonplace when I was young.