One week off to attend to private matters

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
Permission granted for a week long furlough. But nothing more. I expect you back here on Friday, the 22 of June.

;)

Be safe.

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter Legend 260 Epidavros
A padded out dark room and a chill pill or two, holiday from forumites may be:biggrin: Go well.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I'll miss you Dave. To whom shall we refer Hunter issues, in your absence? As amazing as he is, JD can't field every question.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
As many now note, I am back. Now for a fuller response as many of you sent private messages and noted here.

I am now careful not to tell anyone when going on vacation so my home will not be robbed in our absence having stopped what appeared to be a would be thief on my driveway and told him I was packing. Some friends did post on FACEBOOK they were going on vacation and were robbed in their absence and paid the price. So be careful what you post. That was a minor detail.

Where we went camping there was no cell phone coverage, tv, radio, and limited intemitent wifi next to a johnny house of all things. Ok let the jokes fly on the johnny house.

However, this is what thru me into a tailspin. Went to the cardioligst two days prior to vacation for annual check up and based on what was said, he has me coming back in for testing due to concerns. Two years ago with 90% blockage, I was admitted and had a stint put in the widow maker artery, not sure of the correct name, which was a close one. No heart attack but thought all was fine until for the past two months with shortness of breath and growing very tired easily along with a few other details. I have been watching out. This really threw for a loop what the doc said.

I will keep you posted but for all of you older gentlemen in the old fartitis age group, heart issues are no laughing matter and taking care of your health should be taken seriously. However, I am still Crazy anyway you cut it.
crazy dave condon

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Dave,
It is good to have you back.
I am sorry to hear of your doctor's concerns and I hope everything works out for the better. There is heart disease in my family on both sides. The good news is, no one, I've heard of, has ever had cancer.
The stints should take care of you for decades to come (my father has two), so get whatever other problem you may be looking at, taken care of and keep being the Crazy Dave, all of us on SBO have come to know and love.
Welcome back and I'm sure you had a great time on your camping trip.
With our menagerie of animals, we always have someone house-sit when we go away. I never talk about the break-ins here because I don't need anyone asking where the local B&E criminals have gone. ;) Nowhere, there has never been a break-in at my house.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Welcome back Dave. Still crazy after all these years...

I still haven't gotten my trains out of storage, but I did write down what you told me about cleaning the tracks. That was a great telecon. Thanks.

Now, back to boating...:)

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
Friends of ours were robbed (B&E) during their Father's funeral. I'm not sure how you stop that one.