Offset Hinge

Feb 5, 2015
Catalina 36 Olympia, WA
Looking for a replacement hinge or hinges for the stern lazarette for our 1987 Catalina 36 that used an offset butt hinge 1 1/2 x 1 3/8 with a 1/4 offset pictured below. There are no identifying manufacture markings on the hinge. The Sea Dog butt hinge 201590 is very close, but has a 3/8 inch offset. The lower images show a pair of hinges, the top one the Sea Dog hinge with the 1/8 inch longer offset and the second image from our Catelina 36 that I am trying to match with a replacement. Does anyone know the source Catalina used for the lazarette hinges on the Catalina 36 models during the late 80's?
IMG_2908.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG

Oct 2, 2008
Pearson/ 530 Strafford, NH
Those are similar to full-swing or handicap hinges for home use. I helped my son install some for his shed so the snowblower could squeeze through the doorway.

Feb 5, 2015
Catalina 36 Olympia, WA
The Sea Dog hinge is clearly larger as seen in the view below. Have not been to the boat to see if it could actually work, but wanted to see if any one on here knew the source of these hinges Catalina used. Did not find a direct replacement for this hardware on Catalina Direct.
IMG_2935.JPG

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Try Ace Hardware. All the hinges for the engine compartment were bent on my 93 C30.
I found a replacement at Ace hardware. I think it was 3/8" offset. Not SS but at something like $3 ea I can replace them every few years cheaper than buying new SS hinges.