Registered users don't see ads

O'day Sprite

Discussion in 'Day Sailers' started by YellowSprite, Dec 26, 2014. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. YellowSprite

YellowSprite

Joined Dec 8, 2014
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Oday Sprite
    US Northeast Nebraska
    Does anyone out there own an O'Day Sprite? Just wondering if mine is the last one in the world. :neutral:

Attached Files:

2. Spooled Again

Spooled Again

Joined Dec 27, 2012
    336 posts, 28 likes
    Precision 22 (Sold), O 240 (Sold), Precision 28
    US Somers Point
    Wow, really looks clean.

3. YellowSprite

YellowSprite

Joined Dec 8, 2014
    3 posts, 0 likes
    Oday Sprite
    US Northeast Nebraska
    Sprite

I got her this summer. She was covered with lichens and very dirty. Even had a bee hive under the seat. Probably hadn't been in the water in decades. Got her home and cleaned up. Then sanded down and patches some minor cracks and painted her.
    The inside still needs work, and I just bought a used sail. I could sail her now, but, of course, with snow on the ground and ice on the lakes, it's the wrong time of year in Nebraska.

4. Bcnole

Bcnole

Joined Dec 16, 2017
    1 posts, 0 likes
    O’day Sprite
    Tbd Us Fl North Florida
    Hello all- I have a 10’ sprite o’day. After an unfortunate capsize, I managed to lose the rudder. Any advice on where I could find a replacement rudder?
    Any help is appreciated!
    Brianwcliburn@yahoo.com

5. Sunbird22358

Sunbird22358

Joined Jun 2, 2004
    1,634 posts, 28 likes
    Oday Day Sailer
    US Wareham, MA
    You could check with D&R Marine in Assonet, MA www.drmarine.com (508) 644-3001 Rudy Nickerson, was the Parts Dept. Manager at O'DAY from 1973-89 runs that place and although he won't have a SPRITE rudder, one of his early Widgeon Rudders will fit OK. Less expensive idea would be to make a new one, just copy off any similar-sized 10' sailboat. Finally, the original plans for the SPRITE are available from Robert Baker Boats in Westport, MA (http://www.by-the-sea.com/bakerboatworks/) and that includes the rudder dimensions. The design name in the Baker Boats Catalog is "SPIRIT".

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018

Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!
Turn any toilet into a Raritan for a fraction of the cost
The Raritan LBA matches your existing bowl with the pump/plumbing of a PHII or PHC. save!
Merriman pedestal control head
Finally, an aluminum replacement for this YS Merriman part.
Stainless documentation placard
Who said a documentation placard cant be beautiful? Brushed stainless with laser-fused numerals.