ODay 322 Wiring Diagram, no power to Ignition switch

Dec 30, 2013
ODAY 322 Portsmouth
Where can I find a wiring diagram for my oDay 322?
PO was a little carefree with some of his work and I'd like to understand it better.

I have on specific issue where the ignition switch is not getting power, (so no alarm for low oil pressure). I can hotwire it and it runs just fine but not comfortable bypassing safety lockouts (if there are any..)

Thanks
Pat
Blue Skies Portsmouth NH

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
Do you have the 322 manual? Our 272 manual provided by O'Day had complete
schematic drawings of the electrical system....It has been helpful. You might contact Rudy at D & R Marine or contact "I heart O'Day" (the O'Day website) from Google..as I would assume they have the manual available. Good Luck!

Dec 30, 2013
ODAY 322 Portsmouth
Sadly no manual.. I see somebody here has them for sale but I don't know that it has the Electrical diagram.

thanks

Mar 20, 2013
O'day 32-2 Wiarton, Ontario, Canada
I have a 1988 O'Day 322 and the original manual. If you send me your address to my email at schu@wightman.ca I'll photocopy the wiring diagram and electrical info and mail it to you. I'm going up to the boat this weekend and won't be able to send it to you untill next week. By the way.... free. Phil.

Dec 30, 2013
ODAY 322 Portsmouth
FYI. Turns out that the ignition switch was wired in the engine compartment, where it is fused, then wrapped in electrical tape. Making it nearly impossible to detect.

Mar 20, 2013
O'day 32-2 Wiarton, Ontario, Canada
success

FYI. Turns out that the ignition switch was wired in the engine compartment, where it is fused, then wrapped in electrical tape. Making it nearly impossible to detect.
I,m glad it all worked out for you. We had storms on the Great lakes last week. Brutal!

Aug 4, 2013
Oday 20 Bridgeport
Owner's manual O'Day 322

I just aquired a 1988 322 and have a copy of the original manual. As soon as I get a chance to clean and flatten it I plan to scan it to share.
I am curious if you pulled up the main floor panel between galley and head?
I need to fix a water leak and replace bilge piping but my floor appears to be glued in place??
BW
1988 322
Shadowfax

Dec 30, 2013
ODAY 322 Portsmouth
I have water damage to that panel and plan to pull it and the main panel over the winter layup. And Yes it is glued in. Next version will not be glued. Not sure what they were thinking. Any advice for replacing the cabin sole?

Apex

Jun 19, 2013
C&C 30 Elk Rapids
Interestingly had the same issue on my 28 this weekend:
Yanmar YSM-8. I spent the weekend including a race and spirited sailing hand-cranking to get the engine started. Not much fun in 15kts sailing up to the channel.

There is a fuse block on the trans bell housing that has spade connectors. Found the feed to the block loose.

Are there replacement fuse blocks that would use a ring terminal available?

At any rate, follow the wiring harness to the starter, that is how I found the fuse block. I found wiggling the wires would provid intermittent power until I adjusted the spade connector.

Jun 15, 2004
- - Annapolis, Md
I would like to add what I have learned about the wiring of my Oday 322. First I have to said I do not have a wiring diagram, which would be a great help.
As for pressing the motor start 3-4 times to get it to fire. I tried cleaning all of the wiring connections and even replacing the starter. But the problems still remained. Per Bay Shore Marine just out side of Annapolis; Yanmar has developed a motor start relay kit to correct this problem. The kit cost about $70 and was not too hard to install (more of a location issue) Per my understanding of the circuit, the motor start switch controls a basic relay that provides a hotter 12 Volts to the starter solenoid. In my case it solved all starting issues.
Another item I would like to mention. If you have no warning sound and no starting action when the start button is pressed; in other words no 12 volts to the control panel in the cockpit. It took me a couple hours to locate the problem but to help others in the future. There is a 20 amp fuse located in the wiring harness between the starter and head wall. In my case the holder failed due to corrosion it was a 3 dollar fix but the location is a real pain.