Oday 240 Stanchion leaks and repairs

Jun 12, 2017
Canadian Sail Craft 33 0 Maple Bay Marina
greetings I am a new owner of a 240 and took her on a maiden season break in sail last week.
winds were strong and the boat had cause to heal considerably enough to have water come up to the deck stanchions. Result was some water getting inside the cabin. Can anyone provide some guidance on resealing the starboard stanchion mount. i have not removed them yet but plan to shortly. Should i be concern about all of the stanchion mounts on the boat or just the beam ones?
I also observed some separation at the Deck/ Hull join is the any way to inspect this as there seem to be a fender (black molding) over the seam around the boat. Any experience on this type of issue is greatly appreciated

Dec 27, 2012
Precision Precision 28 St Augustine
I rebedded my starboard stanchion over the winter. I used butyl tape. He tell tale sign was discoloring of the cabin liner material. By the way a product named, Folex will easily clean the discoloration. Sold at hardware stores.

I haven't experienced hull/deck separation.

I think you will love the boat once you get the bugs worked out.

Jun 12, 2017
I rebedded my starboard stanchion over the winter. I used butyl tape. He tell tale sign was discoloring of the cabin liner material. By the way a product named, Folex will easily clean the discoloration. Sold at hardware stores.

I haven't experienced hull/deck separation.

I think you will love the boat once you get the bugs worked out.
Thanks, fortunately (i hope only a couple of places where leaks have occurred. I will pick up some of that Folex for cleaning.

Jun 12, 2017
pic of inside of boat where separation occurred. discovered the cause of separation. Shroud mount (all thread post in picture was not fastened to hull causing the load to be transferred to deck mounting. Due to a sloppy rebedding of stanchion mount on deck. No i will begin the restoration. on the hard

Attachments