Need swim ladder for Hunter Ledgend 35

Jun 4, 2018
Hunter Ledgend 35.5 Incline Village NV
My ladder for my Hunter Ledgend 35 is MIA and I need to replace. Might anyone know where there might be a boat/ladder grave yard? Any companies that might be good to check with? I’m wondering if I need to rebuild the ladder. If I do have to rebuild does anyone have suggestions where I might get a ladder rebuilt? Any help would’ve appreciated. Feel free to respond to this request on this forum or email me at raross.rar@gmail.com
This is my first time writing on this site so I’m not sure how it all works, however I’m not too dumb and can figure out ;)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Welcome @RobertaRoss to the forum. I have not seen a “Hunter ladder grave yard”. You might find a consignment shop in the Bay Area. Or you could call around to the marina’s to see if they have something that could meet your need.

Johnb

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 37-cutter Richmond CA
It is worth having a good boarding ladder, both from a point of view of safety and ease of use. The ladder and the hand holds that go with it need to be comfortable and secure. If folks of all ages are going to use it then the lowest step should be at least 24" below the water. 1" diameter tube is hell on your feet, and slippery. After climbing the ladder, at the point where you have to go over the transom with wet hands and wet feet it you will appreciate all the hand and foot holds you can get. Also you need space between the steps and the transom for your toes to fit. This is a long winded way of saying that choosing the ladder is to be done with care - not all are created equal.

There are plenty of reasonably priced ladders available. I suggest looking in at the West Marine and Garelick web sites to get a feel for what you want. Also tour the docks and get ideas from other boats.

Where are you going to be sailing?