Need new spreaders for a 1976 mac 25

Mar 8, 2018
MacGregor V-25 Huntington Beach, Ca.
The prior owners of my new project 1976 Mac 25 Venture "dropped" the mast and broke one spreader so I need a new pair. The ones I've seen are incredibly expensive for a 1" diameter aluminum tube (almost $200) and so I'm looking for some new spreader tips and I'll fabricate the new spreaders (About $12 for material). Any suggestions for where I can buy the new spreader ends?
Lots more to do but the boat seems worthy. Rigging instructions would come in handy as well. Thanks in advance!

Feb 28, 2018
MacGregor 25 Orlando
Mar 8, 2018
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the tips (no pun intended). I'll try Blue Water yachts and see where that goes. If they're as reasonable as described, the new pair is a no-brainer. Thanks Again. Don't worry, I'll have lots of questions to follow. P.S.
IMG_0885.jpg

May 16, 2011
Macgregor V-25 Charlton, MA- Trailer
I had a local fab shop cut some stainless tube for me. Medical grade. It was about $50 but they are strong and will last forever. I always look towards the local guy whenever possible. I had all of my standing rigging made by a local rigging shop. The owner was interested in getting into trailer sailing and ended up giving most of it to me for free. Most are very enthusiastic to help.

Mar 8, 2018
Received the new spreaders! Thanks to the guys for the tips on where to purchase. NEXT.....

Feb 28, 2018
MacGregor 25 Orlando
Where did you end up getting them from? Put 'em in yet? Yeah, I'm nosy.....

Mar 8, 2018
Received the spreaders from Blue Water Yachts. The price was right and they arrived a little late but arrived well packaged and correct. Deciding if I should replace the existing mast base with the folding version. The weekend is here so I hope to get some work done.
Looking at the wiring next. The mast lighting needs to be replaced/checked... and tirelessly looking for a reasonably priced 9.9HP 4 cycle outboard with electric start to help my small solar unit charge the batteries. NOT EASILY DONE. I saw some good articles on the wiring on this site that will be very helpful. I'll need a little help to insure the rewire results in the desired isolation of the circuits to insure safety and available power while under sail. Looking at newer and capable fuse panels. Got to get the numbers changed and the name on the stern as well!