My winches are the original,

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 34 Forked River, NJ
Maxwell 25's and since Maxwell no longer makes jib sheet winches, does anyone have a supply house that sells bearings for these winches?
Or if there is no place to get bearings, what size replacement winches should I look at?

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
JK
Here is a forum message from the Catalina site. Dated in 2008.
Maxwell Sheet Winch Parts and Service
Maxwell Marine have sold all their Sheet Winch spare parts and tooling to the Australian Yacht Winch Company known as ARCO. ARCO are world renowned as a source for spares for old Sheet Winches. Their contact details are www.arco-winches.com or telephone: +61 2 9623 2448 or fax: +61 2 9623 2265. Arco are based in New South Wales, Australia​

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
I just happened to see a couple of Maxwell winches in the Columbia Marine Exchange last week while browsing. You might contact them.

Jul 4, 2015
Hunter 34 Menominee, MI; Sturgeon Bay WI
I was rebuilding my Maxwell winches once a year for three years, buying used ones for spare parts.Would still lock up occassionaly under high loads.
Best thing I did was replace all four with new Lewmars when there was a two for one sale last winter with winch handles thrown in. Much easier to haul now and easier to lube and no more fuss!!!!