Moving on...

Sep 11, 2013
Catalina 25 6106 Lake Erie Metro Park
The Mary Ella Rose is now in the hands of a new owner. Just as we did five years ago, he's making the move from a dinghy to a "real sailboat" and we too are moving on to a larger, newer boat as well, a Catalina 25. Fortunately, he's a co-worker of our son in law so we will be able to keep in touch. I've promised to help him "learn the ropes" when it comes time for him to splash the Mary Ella Rose for the first time so there will be a legacy of sorts.
I'd like to express my gratitude to everyone on this site that have put up with my neophyte questions and helped me grow as I hope you will help the Mary Ella Rose's new owner. I've advised him to join this website since it's been not only a veritable wealth of information but a "port in the storm" as well. I'll move over to the "mid size boats" page but will always lurk here.....

Thanx Again to All,
Tom G

Apr 11, 2017
Catalina C22 Solomon's Island, MD
Congratulations on your new boat. My family had a C25 growing up and it's a great boat.

That threefootitis is always a temptation-

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Why just midsized boats? You can learn a lot by also monitoring Ask All Sailors, Plumbing & Sanitation and several other forums. Check out the list of forums for all those likely to address issues common to all owners of boats of all sizes.

Sep 11, 2013
Catalina 25 6106 Lake Erie Metro Park
"Ask all sailors" is one of my favorite places to lurk. So is "Ask a Catalina owner. Plumbing and Sanitation is likely to become another. The "new to me" boat has a real flush head, much to the delight of the admiral. The PO has changed the hoses and there's been some work done to the flush pump. It's been winterized but it looks like I've got another boat system to learn about.
Tom G

Sailm8

Feb 21, 2008
Hunter 29.5 Punta Gorda
"Ask all sailors" is one of my favorite places to lurk. So is "Ask a Catalina owner. Plumbing and Sanitation is likely to become another. The "new to me" boat has a real flush head, much to the delight of the admiral. The PO has changed the hoses and there's been some work done to the flush pump. It's been winterized but it looks like I've got another boat system to learn about.
Tom G
Get Peggy's Book

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
Get Peggy's Book
I can't argue with that advice,. The title is a little misleading...it's actually a comprehensive "marine toilets and holding tanks 101" manual that should help you learn how to prevent problems instead of having to solve 'em.. And I'm always glad to answer any questions it doesn't. My signature includes the link to it in the sbo.com store.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Absolutely get Peggie's book. And spell her name right.